1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Sweet.....I like that picture.

·
Registered
42,899 Posts
I would not want to run a marathon in that gear! Don't all the people around him look terrified?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
He needs a camo water bottle. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
If he was still carrying the Beretta and the rest of the gear at the 21 mile mark, he's my new hero.
26.2 miles will kick your butt running naked without all that baggage.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
In any gathering of 1000 people, it's highly likely there are a few violent felons in the midst of everyone.

It's nice to see a few folks armed, against the possibility of violent felonious behavior by others.

Imagine how much safer it would be with dozens or hundreds of folks so armed against the risk.

Good on ya, Utah. :eek:k:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
imagine that, the gun didnt choose to attack a single runner.

Reactions: perfection

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I can't remember the name of the group, but there is a group of veterans and LEOs who run races in full tactical gear, this was based off of when on 9/11, a LEO (I believe PAPD) ran non stop from the Holland Tunnel to WTC (for those not NYC familiar, that is pretty far) to help and later died in the collapse. On the 9/11 10th anniversary there was a run called the "Tunnel to Towers" that honored this event. I know that the USMS (and probably other agencies too) had LEOs who did this in full tactical gear.

Correction: My mistake, it was a firefighter, Steven Siller, who had just gotten off duty and ran from the Battery Tunnel (which goes to Brooklyn) to WTC in his full gear, he was killed that day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts