Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Its probably useless but I guess pour the coal on your reps not to vote this candy coated rattlesnake through. And if you are a member of the two gun groups that openly support this thing Id suggest sending them the ashes of your membership card after you burn it.

·
Super Moderator
25,083 Posts
Race for Support Before Key Gun Vote - WSJ.com

But two smaller gun-rights groups endorsed the measure Sunday, including the Citizens Committee for the Right To Keep and Bear Arms, the nation's second-largest gun-rights lobbying group, according to its chairman, Alan Gottlieb. He noted that the measure also expands "a good number of pro-gun rights measures as well," such as strengthening veterans' ability to purchase a firearm.

Richard Feldman, president of the Independent Firearm Owners Association, said in an interview Sunday he also backed the measure. He said the group supports background checks at gun shows because "you're selling to people you don't know who they are."

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Sausage, folks. That's all it is.
Rock I hate sausage. Its bad for my arteries. Gives me indigestion. Makes me fatter!! Do I just gotta have sausage??? How about I just take a cold tater??? Please????:frown:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
That proposed bill(S. 649) gives the U.S. Attorney General way too much power and control..... It also requires background checks for family transfers/sales.... It provides for no provision to cap a transfer fee allowing FFL holders to set the cost..... One local gun shop here charges $75.00 plus background check fee($13.00) which is an outrageous price...... One no longer does it but used to charge $75.00.

·
Premium Member
9,441 Posts
Many 2A supporters have convinced themselves there is a grand strategy behind this amendment.

There isn't.

The republicans blinked. Again. They offered "something" as an alternative. Because they were too weak to make a stand.

Th-th-thaaat's all, folks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Reactions: vilecanards and PEF

·
Premium Member
9,441 Posts
That amendment is not as good as some say it is. The pro-gun parts of the bill are actually anti-gun after further scrutiny.

The Volokh Conspiracy » The ?Pro-Gun? Provisions of Manchin-Toomey are Actually a Bonanza of Gun Control
And yet many pro 2a people still think it was a smart move to open the floodgates instead of making a stand. After how the republicans have been out snookered by the democrats and by themselves over the last decade, I just can't come around to that line of reasoning.

·
Super Moderator
18,248 Posts
Too close to call? That means that the only people that dont expect it to pass are the ones that still beleive things in this country are working as they should, that our built in system of checks and balances still works. Heres a news flash...they havent worked as they should in decades.

I'll call it. I aint scared.

It is going to pass. Universal Background Checks will happen.

Others "to close to call"...

Brady Bill
NAFTA
and a host of other bills that weren't supposed to pass that somehow mysteriously passed.

Buy hey...I havea plan.
For anyone that I ask that opposed UBCs I will do the NICS check for free.
For any fool that isnt smart enough to figure out that its just a registration scheme, I'm charging 100 bucks for the service. If you want to be stupid, I am going to make you pay for it.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts