Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
N.Y. Governor Cuomo signed a executive order requiring everyone to wear a face covering as of April 17 .

Being affected by this order here are a few observations , when Andy signed this executive order , he had been on the t.v. for weeks crying that the state had not enough ppe for it front line workers , hospital staff being the top priority ,

So naturally when the order was signed , finding a face mask was and still is impossible , being that people still need to go out and get groceries etc , people are creative making/fabricating masks from things found around the house/garage.

I've seen everything from respirators used normally while painting a vehicle , to cut up t-shirts , bandannas etc ,

While wearing the mandatory face covering I'm watching people continue to adjust the coverings , I.E. touching their face , around there nose , mouth , and eyes this is the area that the the virus enters the body , the ill fitting mask falls down exposing the nose after the wearer picks something off the shelve potentially exposing them to the virus.

The grocery stores / big box stores are using one entrance/exit door making it mandatory to walk the entire store to make a purchase, this way the workers can count how many people are in the store .

Along with this the stores have made one way aisles this is to keep everyone moving in the same direction as to prevent any one from walking to closely past anyone. This has caused other problems I.E . the slow undecided / ill-prepared shopper with nerves getting thin taking more than a few seconds to pick what tomato sauce you would like for dinner tends to cause a traffic jam of upset shoppers.

The face covering is deemed mandatory if the 6 foot distance rule is unattainable , to remind everyone how far 6 foot is the stores have markers on the floor , keeping this distance does not appear to be a problem .

When the Mrs. and I are shopping we have home made masks , I have embraced my favorite western actor John Wayne , and wear a simple banana . Removing the mask when ever the aisle is clear , as people approach I will put the mask back in place. This practice appears to be a little more common at the big box stores , lowes/Home Depot.

The wearing of masks has clearly relaxed, at least in my area , if I walk into the privately owned business the majority of the people do not have a mask on or it's around the neck .

If you choose to wear a mask I applaud you for your choices .

If it was not mandatory we would not wear a face covering .

Reactions: Risasi

·
Registered
33,910 Posts
They should be a little more specific when they require wearing a mask. This seems to be growing in popularity.

th (5).jpg

·
Super Moderator
16,117 Posts
Nine out of ten people I see wearing masks in stores rarely wear them properly thus negating any so-called protection from wearing them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
here is a link that describes N95 and respirator vs face mask.
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks

The CDC recommends that members of the public use simple cloth face coverings when in a public setting to slow the spread of the virus, since this will help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.

The 'N95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles.

While a surgical mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the face mask and your face.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
You hit EXACTLY why the Surgeon General advised the public to NOT wear face masks!!!!! But power addicted tyrants don't care about your safety, only their ability to take advantage of a "crisis" (the regular flu is more deadly than Corona EVERY YEAR!) to play with our lives.

·
Premium Member
33,757 Posts
Here's the thing with me personally. I'm claustrophobic, and prone to anxiety difficulties when the claustrophobic thing kicks in. That makes my blood pressure rise to a dangerous level. Wearing a mask triggers my claustrophobia. The longer I wear one, the worse it gets.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
The CDC recommends that members of the public use simple cloth face coverings when in a public setting to slow the spread of the virus, since this will help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.
How does an authority crush all questioning and critical thinking of their order? Make it so there is no way to know if you are safe or not.

But you have recovered and have been medically tested to prove you have antibodies?
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-antibody-tests.html

So, you could have the disease and not know it. You could have had the disease, but are not immune. You could test negative for antibodies, but are immune. You could test positive for antibodies, but are NOT immune.

All possible scenarios lead to one conclusion: obey the order.

·
Premium Member
33,757 Posts
here is a link that describes N95 and respirator vs face mask.
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks

The 'N95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles.

While a surgical mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the face mask and your face.
I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with mandatory masking orders.

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
The whole face mask thing is inconsequential to me.
It is all the other restrictions that get my goat.
If face masks were that great, no one in China would have covid.
Every time I see a video from there 80% of the people are wearing masks , yet they still got the kung flu.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Me at the grocery store checkout line...

RangerSilver.jpg

Checker...Sir, that's not a mask.

Me...Sure it is.

Checker...No sir, that is not a mask.

Me...Sure it is. What did the Lone Ranger wear?

Checker...

Me...

Checker...

Me...HI YO SILVER!
@HillCountry Exactly. That is precisely why my grand son in law, who is a Paramedic / Firefighter, has only N95 or better masks, and a full BioHazard suit, complete with Scott Pack.

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
As noted the only point of non N95+ mask is to stop you from touching your face as much and so YOU don't spray filth ever wear ..They don't do much at all for stopping anything from getting though ....Surgical mask etc are too lose fitting to have a good seal ditto any of the imporv mask ..Even with N95 mask you need to be fit tested for them to see which size and fit you need and they well suck to wear long term ( nor were they really made for that ).

But I agree I see few people wearing them here mostly just wokers and ones I see are def imporv mask ...

I think the idea and being ok with it is great I really think more people should but making it a civial/criminal offanse not to ..Not sure about that as mask are a pain to find right now even miltary gas mask are back ordered crazy time

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with mandatory masking orders.
Well, I am a middle of the road'er on many topics and this is another one. Face masks are fine for those that wish to minimize the risk they have to others. If trying to not catch a virus, well then masks will not cut it and a N95 respirator is much better. A bit more to your point is that given a choice between lock down and mask of some kind I would choose the mask. BUT I always am always ware of the fact that I AM MY OWN FIRST RESPOND-ER AND RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN SAFETY and will try to obey most laws that I feel are not against the Constitution of the United States.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Here's the thing with me personally. I'm claustrophobic, and prone to anxiety difficulties when the claustrophobic thing kicks in. That makes my blood pressure rise to a dangerous level. Wearing a mask triggers my claustrophobia. The longer I wear one, the worse it gets.
I won't like this because that cannot be fun and I can see why you don't want to wear a mask. I do not like things around my face either but I don't think it is to the extent that you have. It is more of an annoyance for me but sounds like you have it way worse.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts