Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
If I lived in a rural area I might think that every thing I see on the news is fake too. But I don't and if all they want me to do is wear a mask in public and stay at home as much as possible that is the least I can do when so many people are risking their lives to try to save others.
I can't imagine the stress that health care workers who are working so hard to save others go through while they are trying to keep from contracting this deadly disease and from taking it home to their families.
Look if you don't want to believe the news about this deadly virus that is your business but why are you trying to get other people killed by acting like this is not real? All it takes is to be exposed and you don't get a second chance. If you are super healthy then you might survive it but you could just as likely die a terrible death.
My daughter is a CICU nurse and she is pregnant with her first child and our first grandchild. She went to work everyday. She did her job even with the added stresses. She was rewarded this week for her valor......with a pay cut. But they did fly over big expensive military and taxpayer planes yesterday to say "thank you" so I guess and all isn't lost.

For the first time since the CICU was started, there are empty beds and the regular hospital beds are vacant as well. The cure is worse than the disease for most.

Our mayor tried to make face coverings mandatory....it isn't working. He took a lot of heat and most did not comply. If he had asked nicely instead of threatening everyone with jail...he might have gotten a better response but he will never know. Politicians don't seem to learn very quickly or have a memory.

Non-compliant is usually the correct answer for most things mandated.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
FWIW, face masks are illegal in my state. Funny how this is ignored on Halloween. But still, it IS illegal.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My daughter is a CICU nurse and she is pregnant with her first child and our first grandchild. She went to work everyday. She did her job even with the added stresses. She was rewarded this week for her valor......with a pay cut. But they did fly over big expensive military and taxpayer planes yesterday to say "thank you" so I guess and all isn't lost.

For the first time since the CICU was started, there are empty beds and the regular hospital beds are vacant as well. The cure is worse than the disease for most.

Our mayor tried to make face coverings mandatory....it isn't working. He took a lot of heat and most did not comply. If he had asked nicely instead of threatening everyone with jail...he might have gotten a better response but he will never know. Politicians don't seem to learn very quickly or have a memory.

Non-compliant is usually the correct answer for most things mandated.
I know what it is like to worry because my Daughter had to go into the school every day even after it was officially shut down she worked in the computer lab. The school served food to students even after the school was officially shut down. One of the food service workers got the virus. My Daughter no longer has to go in and that is a big load off of our minds. I hope everything turns out great for your Daughter and your Grandchild to be. We have maintained a distance from our daughter for about two months now and we will have a hard time waiting until this has all ended. But our job right now is to keep from catching the virus. God Bless you and your family.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Nearly all of the other countries that were former hot spots have the virus under control while the U.S. goes unchecked. Maybe that is because of our rights. The right to be irresponsible no matter what the consequences are.
20200505_233042.jpg
20200505_233111.jpg

Two week decline in mortality is not "out of control". I am not counting last week because that information may still be coming in. NY Governor Cuomo said NY could ease restrictions after two weeks of declining mortality.

Then there is the Netherlands where they respected the rights of the healthy to continue school, work, etc, and the rights of the at risk to isolate. Their numbers are inline with similar countries. Is that irresponsible or selfish?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
View attachment 325366
View attachment 325368

Two week decline in mortality is not "out of control". I am not counting last week because that information may still be coming in. NY Governor Cuomo said NY could ease restrictions after two weeks of declining mortality.

Then there is the Netherlands where they respected the rights of the healthy to continue school, work, etc, and the rights of the at risk to isolate. Their numbers are inline with similar countries. Is that irresponsible or selfish?
I thought that the number was over 60 thousand dead in the U.S. now from the virus? Was there a miracle where they revived about twenty thousand?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I thought that the number was over 60 thousand dead in the U.S. now from the virus? Was there a miracle where they revived about twenty thousand?
CDC revised their data last Friday. Go to their website and gather your own information
You would think that our main stream media would report this. Kinda makes you wonder what you really know.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I know what it is like to worry because my Daughter had to go into the school every day even after it was officially shut down she worked in the computer lab. The school served food to students even after the school was officially shut down. One of the food service workers got the virus. My Daughter no longer has to go in and that is a big load off of our minds. I hope everything turns out great for your Daughter and your Grandchild to be. We have maintained a distance from our daughter for about two months now and we will have a hard time waiting until this has all ended. But our job right now is to keep from catching the virus. God Bless you and your family.
Thank you and I pray that God will bless your family as well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
FWIW, face masks are illegal in my state. Funny how this is ignored on Halloween. But still, it IS illegal.
They are as well in Alabama...so a local ordinance supersedes state law I guess but I wonder what our illustrious mayor would have said if someone had shown up with a klan hood as their "face covering".

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
They are as well in Alabama...so a local ordinance supersedes state law I guess but I wonder what our illustrious mayor would have said if someone had shown up with a klan hood as their "face covering".
One did in one state. I saw a picture of it within the last twelve hours. It was in California.

https://www.kusi.com/appearance-of-man-in-kkk-hood-at-santee-supermarket-under-investigation/

BTW, a woman was arrested in Richmond, VA last January 20th for wearing a face mask in public. I suspect that if she had not be acting in a strange and belligerent manner, she would have been left alone.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I sat in my truck with the dogs on Monday while my wife did a grocery run for fresh produce. During the time waiting I watched people and counted face coverings. Approx 1 in 10 was wearing a mask of some sort. I counted two bandanas, two hunting balaclavas, a few people wearing medical masks as chin coverings, some home sewn masks, and some standard dust masks. All in all I'm not sure anyone wearing a mask was wearing a covering that would provide any protection beyond a placebo.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
There are people out there who will resist wearing a seat belt even though it will reduce traffic deaths and injury.
There are people out there who will resist wearing a motorcycle helmet even though it reduces head injuries.
There are people out there who will resist wearing a mask even though it will reduce the spread of the virus.
There are people you just can't reason with.

This should not be construed that I support seat belt laws, helmet laws, etc., I don't, but it does puzzle me that some people resist doing "the right thing" when the cost is so little and the benefit so great.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
There are people out there who will resist wearing a seat belt even though it will reduce traffic deaths and injury.
There are people out there who will resist wearing a motorcycle helmet even though it reduces head injuries.
There are people out there who will resist wearing a mask even though it will reduce the spread of the virus.
There are people you just can't reason with.
If masks are so great at reducing the spread of the virus then why could restaurants and hair salons have been open all along as long as everybody wearing masks? Why not put the kids back in school with masks on? They tell us not to touch our face so how hard is it to put a mask on without touching your face?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
That answers one question and do you think everyone out there is putting on their mask without touching their face? Do you think people are changing their mask every 2 hours like they suggest? Do you remember when they said masks did not help? What do you think changed?
I don't doubt that there are those who won't figure out how to properly don a mask. That doesn't negate the benefit to others.

The entire "masks don't help" narrative was driven by the motivation to avoid a run on masks which would deprive medical personnel. If masks don't help, why do you think they wear them in the hospitals and medical offices, to make them look professional or kewl?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I don't doubt that there are those who won't figure out how to properly don a mask. That doesn't negate the benefit to others.

The entire "masks don't help" narrative was driven by the motivation to avoid a run on masks which would deprive medical personnel. If masks don't help, why do you think they wear them in the hospitals and medical offices, to make them look professional or kewl?
So they lied to us then and somehow you have convinced yourself that they are not lying now? They wear them in hospitals because they are trained on how to use them properly. They are also in very close contact with patients for extended period of time. What help does a mask do when 10 feet from someone?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
So they lied to us then and somehow you have convinced yourself that they are not lying now?
I think it was very obvious to most people the motivation behind the recommendation. Very obvious...

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I think it was very obvious to most people the motivation behind the recommendation. Very obvious...
Did you believe them when they said they did not help? You still have not answered my question on why we can't open up everything if masks help so much? For the record just because their motivation was obvious does not make it right. It was still very wrong of them and makes people doubt other things they tell you. You can keep believing everything though.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts