Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
May not go ..This is the second attemp ..First was scrubed due to weather ..This one might be too its raining right now ..

It is a big moment though ..First manned space lauch from a non gov group

·
Registered
335 Posts
Is it just me or does this look like it was scripted by the people that did the movie "Contact" :)

Looks like a good launch so far and they are safe.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
And they are out there, headed for the space station.

Whoopeee.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Just watched SpaceX headup north up the Florida coast through binoculars. Goosebumps ! USA USA USA !

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Just watched it! WOW!

Too cool!!! :danceban:

Reactions: gasmitty

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I watched it online. But I couldn't see it from Jacksonville due to clouds. I tried and failed.

·
Super Moderator
16,101 Posts
Watched it all the way to second stage separation, almost as great as watching the first Mercury launch but with much better coverage. Seeing the videos in real time was far better than Mercury when we had to wait for the film to be processed before broadcast. Nice safe launch and hoping for a successful mission.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Awesome!

I am 44 and this is only the second time I could have watched the maiden voyage of a new manned spacecraft.

It's been too long...

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I watched it off my 12 foot C-band satellite antenna in HD. Nice launch. I like all the cameras on the vehicle. When are they going to start building NX01?

Reactions: sdprof and msgt/ret

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tomorrow America proves we're no longer reliant on Russia to get to the ISS. Then later we can prove the ability to safely return. All are significant milestones.

As a previous launch team member at the 45th SW, I can tell you there's a bunch of chatter going on between prior and current teams... huge effort by a lot of people to safely make this happen. Hat tip to the 45th Weather Squadron on a good weather call (not just at KSC, but also at sea, for prepositioned emergency responders, and upper level wind forecasts critical to entering the right orbit).

·
Registered
Various
15,488 Posts
I wanted to be an astronaut from the late 1950s. I was the recovery ship's liaison with NASA for two manned spacecraft recoveries. Looking in the capsules after splashdown cured me of wanting to be an astronaut.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts