Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Another great clip. Aviator, I worked for the Marines three years when I was in the Navy. Well maybe not real Marines since it was the brown shoe Marines. Any case they were great. Well maybe not great... How am I doing? I'm just kidding. Please don't come looking for me.

I was friends with a man who received a battlefield commission in the Marines in Korea. He eventually became a Captain. At his funeral, the Marines sent an honor guard commanded by a Captain. After the funeral, they returned to their van and waited until the attendees had departed. Only then did they start their vehicle and leave the area. They looked active duty and I can not imagine how far they had to drive to get to our little berg. But they were in no hurry to rush home. The final measure of respect for a fellow Marine. I admire the Marines for what they do and how they do it.

The Marine Corps Silent Drill Team was fantastic. Thanks for the clip.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Great clip! I love watching those Marines!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Did you notice the officer in charge?
When he marched out in front of the formation, he had not the stiff gait of a wooden soldier.
It was more like the smooth pace of a panther ... powerful, graceful, effortless and deadly.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
WOW.......I seen this several times.......never gets old....Marine's thanks for serving....:image035:

·
Registered
203 Posts
The part where they almost hit the dudes in the line when they spin their rifles...that's awesome!

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Fantastic, but it's us coastguardsmen who taught the Marines and Navy to do that stuff...I'm just sayin...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Proud to be an American...:yup:
:congrats::congrats::congrats:
:usa:

Thanks for the post.
:hand10:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
When I joined the Marines, my best friend joined the Navy. He became a member of the U.S. Navy Flying Rifles Drill Team and toured with them for a year or more.

Notice how close the bayonets pass before the Chief Petty Officers face as they twirl and toss their rifles back and forth.

Navy Flying Rifles Drill Team

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
I never get tired of watching them. They are performing at halftime this Sunday at the Jaguars-Titans game. Guess I'll need to get my beer at the 2 minute warning.

I wonder if it was my 2 left feet that kept me off the platoon?

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Fantastic, but it's us coastguardsmen who taught the Marines and Navy to do that stuff...I'm just sayin...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Proud to be an American...:yup:
:congrats::congrats::congrats:
:usa:

Thanks for the post.
:hand10:
TBICSB
Turn back, I can't see bottom.
Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I was very fortunate to be able to help with the Marine Corps Junior ROTC program at the high school where I taught. Somehow they pulled strings and the Silent Drill Team and the Commandant's Own band performed there one year. Astonishing skill.

Interestingly, a bayonet somehow came loose and flew off while a rifle was being spun. It landed some twenty feet away, exactly a cubit forward of a line drawn across the Marines' toes - precision, even at that distance. It was fun to see how the officer in charge dealt with it: he marched over, did the proper turn, picked it up, turned, marched back, did a precision turn, the Marine who lost it presented his rifle, and the officer smartly reaffixed it. Nobody broke character, if you'll forgive a theater term.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
God, I still love it. I've been witness to a few on base, in person. Gives me goosebumps, and an inexplicable aura.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Beautiful... just beautiful.

But the spinning of the rifles are not as hard as you think it is... I can do it. My ROTC drill team did it at comps... We used 1903 Springfields.

The spinning isn't the hard part...

The level of perfection they put into it is amazing... We couldn't match that in a million years... And then they do it in complete silence?

And yet, watching the Silent Drill Team still impresses the snot right out of me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts