Defensive Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Ace-1 in the mail today for my 3.5" 1911. Incredibly comfortable right out of the box and all I really needed to do was adjust the cant. A+ for the customer service and turn around time (13 days) as well! It's a great quality piece for a danged reasonable amount of money and I'm looking forward to carrying it for quite some time. Appreciate it SHTF.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Excuse the dirty mirror, being a bachelor doesn't exactly equate to incredible cleanliness in me haha

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Man, that pistol really disappears with that rig!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do they have a website?

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I too have several holsters made by clay and his team at SHTF Gear... and they all are fantastic. So far, my Shtf Gear holster is the only holster I have found that allows me to cc my G22 all day without issues.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have several holsters made by clay and his team at SHTF Gear... and they all are fantastic. So far, my Shtf Gear holster is the only holster I have found that allows me to cc my G22 all day without issues.
Yeah no kidding, I never had an issue with the Remora with this gun at all, but it is without a doubt more comfortable to carry in the Ace. Really top notch work, I'd highly suggest it if you're looking for a hybrid IWB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had mine for my Kahr CW9 for a week or two. I really like it so far. I keep varying the height/cant to see what I like best. It's nice to have that option.

Right now I have the top of the kydex even with the top of the belt, but it's a little hard to draw like that. Do you folks usually have yours higher? I was erring on the side of concealment.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had mine for my Kahr CW9 for a week or two. I really like it so far. I keep varying the height/cant to see what I like best. It's nice to have that option.

Right now I have the top of the kydex even with the top of the belt, but it's a little hard to draw like that. Do you folks usually have yours higher? I was erring on the side of concealment.
As "small" as the Officer's 1911 I have is, it's still a bear to conceal if not worn low, so I have the kydex a bit below the belt but it's still easy to draw because of the size of the grip. I'd say probably err on the side of being able to draw comfortably given that a well concealed weapon is still useless if it can't be deployed on a timely manner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.