Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get step by step instructions on how to reassemble the trigger control group on a Marling 60 22 rifle? I was cleaning mine and thought I could remember how to put it back together but apparently I can't. I have all the parts, just don't know how they all fit together.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have it all figured out except for the Sear and Sear spring. I can't figure out how it goes together. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I love the internet. I don't know what I'd do without it actually. That's bad aint it?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I bet over 90% of what I have learned about firearms in the last 10 years has been due to internet research. Ya just have to weed through a bit of garbage occassionally to get to the nuggets of truth some times.

As for the Model 60... I just bought my first Model 60 in over 40 years last weekend. What a great way to remember many hours of youthful fun. As a kid, I never knocked one down to do a thorough cleaning. Just locked the bolt back, dropped a bobbie pin on a string through the barrel, and pulled a small flannel patch soaked with Mom's sewing machine oil through the bore. But, that's about all we did with most of the family firearms. And now???? I have multiple coated cleaning rods, punches, screwdrivers, jags, boresnakes, solvents.... and the internet:smile:

I did strip it down to the bolt removal for pre-shoot cleaning, and didn't find it all that easy to replace the bolt and recoil spring as the guy in the above link. I'm sure it gets easier, as I no longer understand the complaints about field stripping the Ruger .22 pistols after having done it a few dozen (hundred?) times.

surv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts