Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading all of the posts about the marring of the aluminum frame Kimbers, everyone seems to think it's coming from the split metal follower of the stock magazine that comes with it. I just bought my Kimber Tactical Custom ll, went to the range (before I read the posts), and put my first hundred rounds of WWB 230gr. I just went to the garage with my sweet Kimber in hand and noticed a slight marring in the very place everyone was discribing! O.K....after careful examination, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't coming from the metal follower lower tang, because there were no discoloration on the tang at all. There was a "marring" on the lower cut out of the magazine, in the exact spot!! Could this be because of slapping forward during the feed process? I will call Kimber tomorrow and ask them, then post to all here. Gary

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Have any digital photos you can put up to see the marring?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kimber "marring" on Alum. Frame

I just called "Anne" at Kimber and like everyone say's...."It's strictly Cosmetic, and will stop after time. It doesn't affect the gun at all". I told her that I didn't want marring on my weapon after spending good money on it. She replied... "Sir....it is strictly cosmetic.....and it doesn't effect the reliability of the gun". H-m-m-m-m-m,... I've still got an issue here.......I took pics of the marring...remember it only had a hundred rounds through it. Only one turned out where you can see the marring. :rant:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Kind hard to see and yeah i would be pissed to

That is one reason why i bought my springfield it uses a ramped barrel so round is nto supposed to hit frame..

Maybe dealer will exchange it for you or else i guess your stuck shooting it for now to see what it does ..

Either way let us know

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
That " marring " isnt only on kimber , any of the softer alum alloys will do it , its not that uncommon for it to get to the point the pistol wont feed , and the fix is to inlet a steel insert for a feed ramp . i have pics of the process somewhere if anyone is interested

·
Registered
822 Posts
It's going to get alot worse than that. I have a Kimber Pro-Carry and it looks "really bad".

So far, except for making the gun look cosmetically bad, it hasn't affected it.

Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts