Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the update.

I never thought Mas would leave LFI. I look forward to eventually taking one of his classes.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The cool thing is, he trained all the LFI instructors, so now there are two good sources for that type of course -- LFI and MAG.

Hoping his new school is as successful as the old has been!

pax

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Wow, thats odd. I hope he also keeps on the Pro Arms team. I would love to meet the man.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think of Mas leaving with as good a feelings as possible and now able to throw his excitement again into a project he will get the fruits of. He will be with PAX and the group up north 2 weeks after he is with me in AZ. (I plan to go to a class of some kind with PAX, Marty, and Gila this winter)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About half the class is military with at least one tour in Iraq, then several detectives from Colorado and Ca. It should be one interesting group.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Well, my skills have seldom matched my enthusiasm so I signed up for the MAG-40 course. Granted, I've qualified in the military more times than I can count, as well as the whole LEO thing’ but frankly, the bar in those venues isn’t all that difficult. Just wondering which course(s) some of you have attended. In any event, I'm looking forward to meeting 'Mas' to receive his expert instruction.
Regards,

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
As Shooter X has stated, would love to take a class with one of the masters! Perhaps there would be enough interest in South Carolina/North Carolina to schedule a "40" class. Just thinkin ya know...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey Saber, glad to see you are on this site. There are a bunch of fellow students here and a 'buncher' of former students and several who will be the assistant instructors at the class. Mas is here pretty much daily also.
This guy who is setting the class up, Dan Southard, is a retired 19D so he may get lost on the way to the range, just have a cow bell of something to find him. :hand10:

Also get Mas's book, In the Gravest Extreme, and study then pick up the Combat Handguns and American Handgunner mags from now until the class.

bikerRN, KOS, and KAZ can give you much advice also. You'll need 500 rounds, handgun that you might carry, 3 mags, mag holder, and MRE's or something to eat during the day.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
bikerRN, KOS, and KAZ can give you much advice also. You'll need 500 rounds, handgun that you might carry, 3 mags, mag holder, and MRE's or something to eat during the day.
Here's my quick advice:

Notebook, divided or seperate books for each day
Pens, bring plenty
Food, Eat your co-student's lunch when they go to the bathroom :wink:
Beer Rolling Rock, Mas is known to have a fondness for it for some strange reason. I myself prefer Cooper's Pale Ale
WATER WATER WATER Take the hint
Ammo Bring extra

Bring the gun you carry, and a spare if you can. It is not unheard of for guns to fail. I brought my P-35, as that's my daily off duty carry. If you normally carry a revolver Mas or others there can work with you regarding things that may need to be worked on. By the time this class is held I may be back to packing a wheelie or three. :smile:

That's all I can think of on short notice. Take care, stay safe and have fun.

Biker

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Well, I never thought Mas would leave LFI but now that he has, I am very excited to see what direction he takes. Now, I would surely go to a school taught by Mas before I would spend the money on LFI. I trust Mas above the school he started if he thinks that LFI has wandered off the path.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I'm a little worried that he may spend more time with attorneys and not enough with the average citizen. When I took LFI-1 with him two summers ago I asked him if he had any intentions of retiring. He said he thought about retiring but he didn't know what he would do. He would probably shoot all the time and if he was going to do that he might as well do this and make some money and still shoot all the time. I guess even the best want to slow down eventually.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts