Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
@The Fish ...I notice more red in your signature line than blue. A Fraudian slip?

And just so you know...that photo was taken a couple of weeks ago in Austin, TX. It was hardly MAGA folks.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I don't have a problem with it. Under my bandana is a medical mask. I just think the bandana looks better...now, I want you to hand over all the lupins you've got!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Reduced oxygen saturation, carbon dioxide poisoning, rebreathing infected air, chronic respiratory illness, chronic skin rash, and more issues with excessive mask-wearing. Seems to me the risks outweigh the benefits except in certain specific circumstances.
I am not a medical professional but my wife certainly was one until she retired. First, let us address your conclusion (or final sentence if you will).

"Seems to me the risks outweigh the benefits except in certain specific circumstances"

The masks are not to mitigate risks to yourself (in general it does provide some protection), it is to protect those around you.

"Reduced oxygen saturation, carbon dioxide poisoning"
Valid concerns but easily mitigated but sensible solutions. Employers should have employees take longer and more breaks for example. Just a quick passing thought, but the point is it is an easily manageable situation.

"rebreathing infected air"

If you are talking about your own air that is infected...who cares. I am not sure what you mean by that.

"chronic skin rash, and more issues with excessive mask-wearing"
Back to possible solution one. If required to wear for work, then the employer can do more breaks and longer breaks. Doctors, health care workers, people that work with HAZMAT, people that paint cars and do body work for a living have been using masks daily for decades.

FWIW: TX was one of the first states to "open up". In San Antonio now the hospitals are now almost at capacity. That is for several reasons. One is patients that had been waiting for elective surgery. But now, possibly because the restrictions have been lifted, Corona is on a big rise. And I am not talking about testing results. I am talking about the number of people with COVID that are now using medical resources.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My issue is that the symptoms of COVID went from respiratory symptoms similar to the flu (and we were told it was a respiratory illness) to basically now if you have any sort of problem you have Covid.

Fever? Covid. Runny nose? Covid (But for me it's allergy season, so which is it?) Diarrhea? Covid (what if I ate something that didn't agree with me?) HEadache? Covid (really? really? The stress alone from this nonsense is giving me a headache).

Even if you have a symptom and tested positive for Covid, that doesn't mean Covid is causing the symptom. I feel like if someone has a symptom, and then test positive for Covid, then that becomes a symptom whether it's related or not.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I tell you what, I feel for bad for the cocktail girls here wearing masks and running back and forth with trays of drinks at our outside bars. Heat indexes up to 107(summer just started), it must be pretty terrible. Some of these outdoor bars are pretty big with a decent distance from the service bar to the customer tables.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
So if masks are so effective at stopping the spread and infecting others why didn't the leftist Governors make their State and County inmates wear them instead of releasing them early from their criminal sentences ?
Very good question. I doubt you will ever get a good answer for it.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
My primary issue with clueless people wearing masks is that they seeming make ZERO effort toward reducing cross contamination of themselves as well as other materials and surfaces. It is simply cringe worthy.

Honestly, I see people behaving in a manner that I feel is putting themselves and possible [others] at more risk rather than less.

I am not against the idea of people wearing masks or gloves and I certainly agree that doing so can decrease risk in many circumstances. The key is common sense and user precautions.
Agreed I have seen multiple people with masks walk within a foot of people and have extended conversations with them. I have also seen people reach deep inside their pocket to get their mask out and touch door handles with their now dirty hands instead of using hand sanitizer before they touched the door handle.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts