Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon be MA concealed carrier and all I've been told is how many complications there are with CC in MA. Can anyone give me a rundown on the do's and dont's of carrying in Mass?

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you have a "Restrictions: None" LTC, it's pretty easy. No carry on school property, including colleges. No carry in Federal buildings and Post Offices (Federal law). And due to screening, no carry at State House and Courthouses. I've heard some Courthouses may check a firearm for you, but I wouldn't count on that. Also, due to some sort of regulation (Mass CFR's, if I recall correctly), no carry at Logan Airport. Otherwise, you're pretty much good to go in MA. Just keep it concealed, as open carry could cause you issues with all the moonbats here in MA. It's not illegal, but it could cause the PD to revoke your LTC, so not worth the risk.

Oh, and also signs do not carry weight of law in MA, and no need to inform an LEO during traffic stops, etc.

ETA: Also Mass is very touchy about storage. I would strongly advise never "carrying" in your auto with your weapon just sitting in center console, etc. I would always keep it ON YOUR PERSON under your full control.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Pro gave good advice.

MA gun laws are so convoluted that I created a 6+ hour seminar just on the ins and outs of MA gun law for the layperson, how to keep out of legal trouble.

The retired police chief that teaches new officers writes a book that is >250 pages just on MA gun law!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Pro gave good advice.

MA gun laws are so convoluted that I created a 6+ hour seminar just on the ins and outs of MA gun law for the layperson, how to keep out of legal trouble.

The retired police chief that teaches new officers writes a book that is >250 pages just on MA gun law!
+1 for Len's class. I took it a few years ago!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do yourself a favor... Take Len's class for MA gun laws. Best 6 hrs you will spend learning what you NEED to know. His knowledge is practical, deep and experienced. Do not carry until you know what the laws are, not only for carrying but when you need to draw and defend yourself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pro & gr8shooter,

Thanks for the plug. Pro, it shows that you paid attention in my seminar and remember the info! :hand10:
Well there was a lot of great info! And the stories based upon your actual experience help reinforce learning. I think the seminar could easily be 8 hrs long... But I don't think I could sit that long.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Well there was a lot of great info! And the stories based upon your actual experience help reinforce learning. I think the seminar could easily be 8 hrs long... But I don't think I could sit that long.
If there is a lot of student questions it can indeed run 8 hrs. I have no problem with students getting up and stretching, walking around when I'm teaching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts