Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a replacement trigger for my dedicated .22 caliber AR rifle. I have a Spikes tactical ST-22 with a Spikes bolt (modified Atchisson design) And the DPMS LPK is crunchier than an emery board. Any suggestions as to a good replacement trigger assembly that will be 100% reliable and 100% compatible? Any suggestions (especially ones based on personal experience) would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
RRA 2 stage match trigger,around $125.00,simple drop in hammer and trigger

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I have a McCormick drop-in trigger in my carbine, and it's quite nice.

Matt

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have a Jewell trigger in my varmint AR. IMO, Jewell sets the standard by which other triggers are judged. Their AR trigger is a fantastic two stage trigger. A bit more difficult to install than a drop in, but worth the effort.

While I have no personal experience with them, if I were looking for a drop-in replacement, I'd take a good look at the offerings from American Trigger. Looks to be a very good trigger system.

Hoss

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I was looking at the American trigger,never saw a price just a lot of buy it now buttons,I refuse to buy anything until I see a price,IMHO that kinda stuff is shoddy business practice and A company that tries to play that tells me their product is so expensive even they are ashamed to advertise the price

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I have an Armalite trigger in one of mine. Drops right in. I don't recall how much I paid for it but I want to say it was less than $100 and took less than five minutes to install.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Pound-for-pound I have sworn by Chip McCormicks' drop in unit; it retails for about $130-150 bucks. It is as advertised, drop it in with 3 pins and you are ready to go. It is adjustable, yet simple and robust enough to last forever. I use them on my ARs and have had zero problems. Chip is an old shooting buddy of mine from the old days of USPSA, and he stands by everything he sells period.

Give Chip a call, you won't go wrong......

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I was looking at the American trigger,never saw a price just a lot of buy it now buttons,I refuse to buy anything until I see a price,IMHO that kinda stuff is shoddy business practice and A company that tries to play that tells me their product is so expensive even they are ashamed to advertise the price
They can't bill you until you give them a credit card number. Just click on the Buy It Now button. It just takes you to another page where you select which one and shows the price. Currently $279.95. Midway has the same trigger for $299.95. Brownells lists it for $279.99.

Hoss

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trigger

Have McComrmick on Stag Lower/Larue upper. Good for 3 gun and general shooting. Four pound pull is good, slight over travel, but for best bench accuracy lighter would be better, IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts