Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried this holster? It's made of thermoplastic and inexpensive compared to the leather and Fobus holsters. Your opinion on this product is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
They show two versions of "Matrix" holster, I have the Uncle mikes Brand, Kydex, paddle version, It's nice, easy to draw, and reholster, But OWB just dosen't work for me.

here's the link to the Belt version.

M5X

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Oh yeah,

Welcome to CC Gripmaster. There are a ton of nice people with a wealth of knowledge here.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have the M7X Matrix holster. I use it for one of my Colt Mk IV/70's when riding my ATV at the shooting/hunting club.

I don't have allot of "mileage" on it but it seems to be made very sturdy. Word of caution--> mine holds my Colt very tightly. It would NOT be a great rig for CC,this IMO. Also it is advertised for belts up to 1 1/2". Because of the way the snap system is designed it would be better suited to a 1 1/4" belt. It's very hard to move on the belt when snapped.

Other than a couple of little minors,I would reccommend the brand/model.

Oh,and you can't beat the price. I would definately say that you get what you pay for.---------

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Galco Matrix

Have not tried it as I only use leather.
Here is a pic though so folks know what type of holster you're interested in.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yeah,the above mod is the one that I have(M7X). It's like the Fobus in that if you try to slowly pull your weapon free it takes some gruntin' but a quick jerk kinda snaps it free. ---------

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your inputs. I agree wth you, 4my son, I've been going through the threads here and there's a wealth of knowledge here one can tap into. BTW, thought I'd mention that there is the annual Militiary Vehicles Preservation East Coast Rally this weekend in Aberdeen, Maryland. If anyone is interested. It's at the Cal Ripken, Jr. Baseball Museum in case you'll be in the area.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I wouldn't use a FOBUS for concealed carry. If you want quality Kydex go http://www.blade-tech.com I have literally fallen asleep in my recliner (DAD'S chair) while wearing a Blade Tech IWB for a Glock M30 45. Same for my Sig P245. Very workman like rigs. Professional.

In leather I prefer either Sam Andrews or Galco. Although I do have some DeSantis rigs.

·
Registered
998 Posts
ExSoldier said:
I wouldn't use a FOBUS for concealed carry. If you want quality Kydex go http://www.blade-tech.com I have literally fallen asleep in my recliner (DAD'S chair) while wearing a Blade Tech IWB for a Glock M30 45. Same for my Sig P245. Very workman like rigs. Professional.

In leather I prefer either Sam Andrews or Galco. Although I do have some DeSantis rigs.

I talked to Mr. Andrews last weekend at a gun show. He seemed to be a very nice feller with a nice product line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts