Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our LGS is apparently having a sale starting Monday so my wife said we can go down and get her the Bersa Thunder she has been wanting. But, they now have two types, two with a matte nickel slide and one with the blued slide. Is the nickel or the blued going to be tougher/easier to clean? Anyone with experience with the Bersas specifically?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, when she picked it out I didn't know much at all about them. So I started doing a bunch of research on them and really am excited for her to get it. I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin! Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Ive had both styles. And dont notice any difference on keeping them clean. just clean them like all other guns. Just keep em clean and should be good to go. I have the blued one now. Enjoy yours they are great little guns for the $$$$

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I would be happy with either one for the money. They are neat little pieces and want to add one to my collection soon

Reactions: DJC7

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Don't think it matters much at all for cleaning purposes. I dig nickel finish and from my understanding it is one of the toughest finishes for firearms, I would probably go for the nickel.

This thread could really use a pic or two of some two tone bersa's :image035:

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I've had the blue in the past, and my current one is a dual tone. Nothing special required with either one. Enjoy.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think it matters much at all for cleaning purposes. I dig nickel finish and from my understanding it is one of the toughest finishes for firearms, I would probably go for the nickel.

This thread could really use a pic or two of some two tone bersa's :image035:
I'll post some up when my wife gets hers!

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
I have one of each. Personally, I like the looks of the my blued gun. It's a couple of years older than the nickel finish and starting to show some wear. I like that used looked. Both guns are great. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts