Defensive Carry banner

Mauser 1910 .25

5731 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  OD*
My grandfather picked up a Mauser 1910 .25 when he was in Italy during WWII. He also has the uniform holster that goes with it. To the best of his knowledge it came from an officer in the Wehrmacht but admittedly, he said there was so much stuff available, the true origin before it reached the person he got it from is unverifiable.

Fortunately, it was stored much better than his other pistols and it in fantastic condition. I had to remove a little bit of surface spotting from rust but other than it is tip top and has complete matching serial numbers on all marked parts. I took it to the range today with my father, who had fond memories of firing it while growing up.

It fired like a champ. No FTF's and spot on accurate. The sights are tiny so I wouldn't want to have to aim fast at distance but its fun to shoot. Almost no recoil, at least not after firing a .40 for a while. I would definitely consider it reliable as a pocket gun although because of its history, its going in the safe, only to come out for stories and the range :wink:

Of course, its no good without pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Super cool! That thing looks mint! Was it stored cocked? My Dad had an old German .32, it was left cocked for many years, and the spring went bad.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't believe so Scuba. The springs feel great. Now the mag was stored with those 8 rounds in it for probably at least 20 years or more, but it feeds and fires perfectly. We used some Remington UMC .25 FMJ.

· Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Very Nice... :yup: Great piece of world and family history...:smile:

· Registered
226 Posts
Very neat gun, safe queen for sure.

· Super Moderator
20,163 Posts
That one is in better condition than the usual run-of-the-mill.

Thanks for the good photos!

· Administrator
50,362 Posts
My Uncle had one. It was not as pretty as yours.
Not incredibly rare but, yours is in extra nice condition. It's a tough little well built gun and it can handle shooting .25 all day long.
A fun gun to shoot. Just keep it wiped down with a light coat of oil to avoid that surface rusting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.