Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the Postman coming up the drive today with a box in hand. Hoping it was my MCV. IT IS!!!
Gary, this is truly a work of art. Waited a while for it, but it's nice as all h*ll. Sitting on the coffee table now with the Para wrapped in wax paper stuffed down into it.

If any of you are hesitating while considering buying an IWB, don't. I can't wait to stuff this one inside the belt, but I'm gonna be good and wait for the leather to stretch with the wax paper.

Thanx, Gary B!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
san antone rr said:
Saw the Postman coming up the drive today with a box in hand. Hoping it was my MCV. IT IS!!!
my postman hates me now, I keep asking him, "anything else? are you sure???" lol...
congrats on your new holster, I know you're gonna love it!

·
Registered
108 Posts
My Max Con V and mag pouch came in the mail today as well. This is one serious high quality holster. My hat's off to the Brommelands. :congrats:

I will post pics tomorrow Darth Bud....

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
yellowv said:
I also got my Max Con V today. It is indeed a beautiful piece of work. AND........... I do have pics :banana:
Now all you need is a new Kimber to put in in. Congrats on both the holster and resolution of your Kimber problem. I hope the new one proves to be just as good as the other one was bad.

·
Registered
193 Posts
dr_cmg said:
Now all you need is a new Kimber to put in in. Congrats on both the holster and resolution of your Kimber problem. I hope the new one proves to be just as good as the other one was bad.
Thanks I hope the same thing.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Congratulations to all you folks, the MCVs only get more comfortable the longer you wear them. Great pics yellowV, really shows off the sciatic flange and Service Grade benchmark.
Jack

·
Registered
521 Posts
ok, now i'm thinking also...this could/is getting expensive on me but oh well...

i read that the maxcon v does not have a reinforced mouth.
how does it hold its shape so far for one-handed reholstering?
i know theres a lot of them out there so, from all, how is the one handed reholstering with this holster after a few months/years of use?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've been using mine every day for about 3 months now and have no problem with one handed re-holstering, that's with mybelt snug too. It retains it's shape apparently from the quality of the leather and Gary's craftmanship. I have seen a lot of similar comments to this one in the past.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I carry my 1911 in a MCV. And I also have one from Milt Sparks with the reinforced mouth. The VMII. I prefer the MCV. One of the best IWB carry holsters ever. Also, check out HBEleatherworks.com for some really nice stuff. I have two of Eric's holsters for my CZ and HP and love them as well.

Jess

·
Registered
140 Posts
Help me, I'm falling...

You fellows are pushing me over the edge. I've been looking for a special IWB for some time and I think I've found it. :bier:

·
Registered
249 Posts
A question for YellowV. Were the pics taken before or after you ironed the holster?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I've been using a MCV for my Mil-Spec since about the end of March. No problem at all with reholstering. I just get the muzzle started, twist my wrist a bit to angle the muzzle away from me and the 1911 slides right in to its fully seated position.

I had asked Gary about a Max-Con VI with the reinforced mouthband but he advised that, since I was a "civilian," having the thinnest, most comfortable holster possible would probably be more important than "drop-in" reholstering while handcuffing BGs.

Our own holstermakers aside, there aren't many vendors out there that would discourage a customer from ordering a $150 item and tell them up front that the $90 item would probably serve them just as well, if not better. We here on CombatCarry are blessed to have the very best in the business when it comes to leather goods.
Jack

·
Registered
146 Posts
It looks great, makes it hard to wait for mine, (I just ordered Monay for XD9 Service)
It has me thinking hard about a second one for my Glock 27:smile:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts