Defensive Carry banner

Maxpedition Gear.

7K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  9MMare 
#1 ·
Anyone hear use the Versipack ? I think I am going to buy one
but I was wondering what you guys thought. I would use it for a second pistol, ammo, etc. I am new here but I dont think this
has been brought up before.

#4 ·
I have a lot of Maxpedition stuff and I really like it. It wears like iron and has plenty of storage spaces/well designed. I use the Fatboy Versipak daily. As a CCW platform, I can draw fairly easily without having to hold the bag down. I've used a leather/velcro holster from an old fanny pack in the CC pocket-the holster has hook velcro and the pocket is lined with the loop part. The side velcro pocket holds my Benchmade MiniGriptillian and Surefire e1e like a glove. Several colors for choices-tatical or neutrals. Highly recommend.

#6 ·
Their stuff is very well made. You wont be disappointed.

#7 ·
I have the jumbo S type versapack. I have another water bottle holder attached to it with carabiners.

I love the thing for hunting and hiking!

Carry it all the time for day hikes.

You can carry a lot of gear in one and there are many pockets and dividers.

#8 ·
I have a Jumbo as my diaper bag / man purse / off body accessory holder. Love it. I don't prefer to carry a primary handgun off of my body, but if you want to use it for CCW, and you are sure you can keep track of it 100% it's good for that.

#9 ·
Same here, I carry on my body but I can only carry ONE handgun
in my state, so I would have to have the second one in the car. It
seems like a good bag for the extra firearm and more rounds. I
haven't heard anything bad about this bag yet, which is good.

#11 ·
Their stuff is top notch! I have probably 10-12 of their various products.

Just make sure you get the size you want. They have a size for just about every taste or need!

There's a lot of decent reviews of their products on You Tube! or go to milspecmonkey. He has a lot of decent reviews and recommendations for product modifications you can do yourself.

#12 ·
If you're looking at bags like the Fatboy or Jumbo, don't overlook the 5.11 Push Pack...very similar but quite a bit less expensive....

I have many products from both and actually prefer the Push Pack to the Jumbo or Fatboy...

#16 ·
It's not as heavy and stiff material as the maxped stuff, so it's a little less tacticool looking...OMO.. I don't like the rain cover over the main part of the bag. The Maxped gear always seems smaller than the listed dimensions...I find the push pack fits what I carry better than the fatboy or jumbo.....

The biggest difference to me was the $49 price tag.... I love Maxped stuff, but I feel like it's kinda overpriced... Here's a link to a review of the push pack with some good pics (by someone else) over at EDC forums:

5.11 Push Pack Review

#14 ·
I am a diabetic who, a few years ago, had to have my right hip replaced. So, no carry on that hip. I bought a Jumbo Versipac (pic)

for CCW carry and for the tons of stuff a diabetic has to carry. I can't recommend this piece too highly. Since that time I have conquered my diabetes (as much as you can do that) and the hip has healed. But the bag is still useful. Great stuff.

#15 ·
I have the Maxpedition Malaga Gearslinger Bag.
For a small bag, it carries everything I need for EDC and then some! :wink:

#18 ·
Hey, how's it going....

I've had a Jumbo Versipack for about a year. I've used it on numerous day trips because it's a great way to carry around a good level 1 first aid kit, water, carry weapon, light and some basic food options (i.e. protein bars, etc.). I also use it when I take my dog out for pheasant/grouse. Again, it houses a decent first aid kit, some basic tools and some water. It still looks like the day I received it. They definetely build some high quality gear. I wouldn't be afraid to buy any of their products

#19 ·
Versipack is actually an entire line of products that they offer. I own two different types--The Fatboy, and the Proteus. I actually have two of the Proteus. One I am turning into a full medical kit, and the other I use for hiking. The Fatboy I bought mainly to carry my recently acquired Ruger SR9 for daily carry, however I've found that their CCW pocket really is only mean to accommodate smaller pistols. The Ruger SR9 is far from a "large" pistol but it simply doesn't fit easy enough in that pocket to make it practical. Something like a Springfield XD SC or a Ruger LCP or LCR would fit beautifully in there I think. Other than that, the fatboy is an outstanding daily carry bag as it has slots for pens/penlights, a flashlight pouch that works great for my Fenix P3d Or Leatherman LGX200 flashlights, and lots of other compartments that I find useful in holding my arsenal of daily do-dads. I also own their M-2 Waistpack. Outstanding for holding a cell phone as well as two pen/penlight slots (I have one pen and a streamlight stylus pro in mine) as well as a zippered compartment to hold a pad of paper with 2 other pockets in it and a hidden compartment in the rear. All in all, I feel their products have all lived up to my expectations (which are quite high) in this arena and they only seem to use the best materials in making their goods. Highly recommended and great topic to post!!

#20 ·
I own several of their products, and the security team I work on has dozens of their bags in various assortments. Their products are all top notch - durable and generally well laid-out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.