Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
Please provide links to those news articles. Serious inquiry since I would like to know more details than just headlines.
Just google the provided headlines.
Nope. You said it, you do the work.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Doing your own research? That's just an old wives' "tail." :smile:
Being able to stand behind what is said? I guess that is just an old wive's tale?

Oddly enough I've been challenged to provide links to substantiate things I've said on this forum before.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Nope. You said it, you do the work.
What did I say? Look, the info was posted by Fizban, who took the time to provide the links when what he said was challenged.

So there they are, in black and white. Make what you want from it but don’t act like a child who wants everything done for him.

The work has had been done for you, now all you have to do is not be lazy and google the damn thing, and read it.
But you won’t, because facts don’t support your fantasy.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
What did I say? Look, the info was posted by Fizban, who took the time to provide the links when what he said was challenged.

So there they are, in black and white. Make what you want from it but don’t act like a child who wants everything done for him.

The work has had been done for you, now all you have to do is not be lazy and google the damn thing, and read it.
But you won’t, because facts don’t support your fantasy.
I apologize to both you and Fizban for getting the posters mixed up.

However, when folks say something they should be willing to provide substantiation if asked for it regardless of who asks for it. And asking for substantiation for what was said is not being childish.... expecting others to do the work is.

It is facts that I asked for. Not just a list of headlines that don't tell the whole story. And facts, not just headlines, would actually be appreciated. But I'm not going to spend the time and effort to prove what someone else says is fact just because they said it. They said it so they can provide the substantiation. Folks here have challenged me to provide substantiation to back up things I said before and I provided links to such without hiding behind expecting them to do the work for me. I expect no less from others.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts

However, when folks say something they should be willing to provide substantiation if asked for it regardless of who asks for it. And asking for substantiation for what was said is not being childish.... expecting others to do the work is.

It is facts that I asked for. Not just a list of headlines that don't tell the whole story. And facts, not just headlines, would actually be appreciated. But I'm not going to spend the time and effort to prove what someone else says is fact just because they said it. They said it so they can provide the substantiation. Folks here have challenged me to provide substantiation to back up things I said before and I provided links to such without hiding behind expecting them to do the work for me. I expect no less from others.
No, now you are back pedaling. You ask for the proof, the links to that proof was provided, there are no more excuses.

Read, don’t read it, it does not change the facts.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts

No, now you are back pedaling. You ask for the proof, the links to that proof was provided, there are no more excuses.

Read, don’t read it, it does not change the facts.
Apologizing for an error is backpedaling? I consider such to be the honorable thing to do.

As for the rest of my post I stated my position on the issue and that is not back pedaling.

Now... could you please point me to the links that were provided since I see titles about open carriers having their guns taken but I do not see any links. If you can do so I will most assuredly apologize for being in error again.

·
Premium Member
33,765 Posts

This article has a bunch of links describing incidents around the country: https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/friends-dont-let-friends-open-carry

Reactions: Pete63

·
Banned
1,100 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Apologizing for an error is backpedaling? I consider such to be the honorable thing to do.
Enough. I’m not trying to be rude or demeaning in any way, but it’s getting to be nonsense when the information, facts, are given to you on a silver platter, and your only response is that you will not read them because you somehow cannot Google the titles.

If you can find Defensivecarry.com, surely you can find the info provided!

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
This article has a bunch of links describing incidents around the country: https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/friends-dont-let-friends-open-carry
After following 19 of the links provided in that article I find that 5 of them involved concealed carriers, 2 had no mention of method of carry, 2 articles were linked to twice under different titles and 1 attempted gun grab happened after the gun was drawn during a scuffle.

So 10 of the incidents were repeats, were not, or weren't attributed to, open carry. That does not diminish the other 9 that did involve open carry but illustrates how sometimes things can be misleading, and a long list of incidents under the linked to article's heading of "Friends Don’t Let Friends Open Carry" can mislead folks to think the long list is about open carry only, and why I ask for links. Doesn't have anything to do with being childish or having fantasies but is nothing more than asking for substantiation of things said.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Enough. I’m not trying to be rude or demeaning in any way, but it’s getting to be nonsense when the information, facts, are given to you on a silver platter, and your only response is that you will not read them because you somehow cannot Google the titles.

If you can find Defensivecarry.com, surely you can find the info provided!
Never said I can't google the titles. I am saying it is not up to me or anyone else to go chasing down substantiation of what other people say. That is the responsibility of those who said it.

Quite frankly... at least in my opinion... the words of those who are unwilling to provide links and/or even cites when asked, you know... stand behind what they said... and expect others to do the leg work, lack credibility.

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Divert and redirect. It's a common strategy.

I'll repeat -- Now how about you providing some links that prove OC in public places known for recent mass shootings (while filming the incidents) to "prove a point" actually accomplish anything positive? Did you miss that one, or are you saying "... the words of those who are unwilling to provide links and/or even cites when asked, you know... stand behind what they said... and expect others to do the leg work, lack credibility. "

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Never said I can't google the titles. I am saying it is not up to me or anyone else to go chasing down substantiation of what other people say. That is the responsibility of those who said it.

Quite frankly... at least in my opinion... the words of those who are unwilling to provide links and/or even cites when asked, you know... stand behind what they said... and expect others to do the leg work, lack credibility.
You can’t be serious.....

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Divert and redirect. It's a common strategy.

I'll repeat -- Now how about you providing some links that prove OC in public places known for recent mass shootings (while filming the incidents) to "prove a point" actually accomplish anything positive? Did you miss that one, or are you saying "... the words of those who are unwilling to provide links and/or even cites when asked, you know... stand behind what they said... and expect others to do the leg work, lack credibility. "
Sure...

https://miopencarry.org/

But that doesn't address the mass shootings thing.... because I freely admit I don't have any first hand knowledge of that particular incident. But I have seen how the gun community joined the anti gunners in denouncing that incident.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts

You can’t be serious.....
Think what you wish. I believe I have made my position on this matter quite clear.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Think what you wish. I believe I have made my position on this matter quite clear.
Its not your position, Hell, I OC at times.
It is your failure to acknowledge that there are inherent risks associated with the practice that I find remarkably naive.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Its not your position, Hell, I OC at times.
It is your failure to acknowledge that there are inherent risks associated with the practice that I find remarkably naive.
Please point out where I said there weren't risks with open carry?

61 - 80 of 111 Posts