Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured I better post tonight before the wife gets home and snuffs the life out of me!

I added a Glock 43 to my EDC rotation to accompany my Glock 23!

IMG_1266.JPG

Before I even bought it tonight I ordered a Taran Tactical +1 base plate, I plan on getting a +2 once they're back in stock. Also on the way is a rubberized Talon grip. I picked up a Sticky holster tonight to serve as both an IWB and a pocket holster temporarily.

I know what holster I'm going to order that is IWB specific and tuckable. BUT, I would like some input on a kydex pocket holster. I like the looks of the Alabama Holster front pocket holster(saw it in a hickok45 video and he seems to love it) and also the PJ Holster pocket holster. To my eyes, they look virtually the same. Do any of you use either of these holsters or have you used them before? Thoughts? Good or bad? Both are priced at $40.

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
10,716 Posts
I have an Alabama Pocket Holster for my Sig P938. It works well with that pistol. I would be concerned with the fit for a G43 depending on the type of pants you wear. One of the things I have noticed since I started pocket carrying is that the same style pants from the same manufacturer can have very different size pockets. I wear 5.11 Tactical pants almost exclusively because I like the fit, the quality, and the utility, (not because I am tacticool). However I have found that while the pants all fit the same, the size of the pockets varies tremendously. In some, carrying is easy, while in others, there is barely enough room to draw the pistol out.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have an Alabama Pocket Holster for my Sig P938. It works well with that pistol. I would be concerned with the fit for a G43 depending on the type of pants you wear. One of the things I have noticed since I started pocket carrying is that the same style pants from the same manufacturer can have very different size pockets. I wear 5.11 Tactical pants almost exclusively because I like the fit, the quality, and the utility, (not because I am tacticool). However I have found that while the pants all fit the same, the size of the pockets varies tremendously. In some, carrying is easy, while in others, there is barely enough room to draw the pistol out.
i agree its all about the fit and then practice-practice-practice!

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of kydex in a pocket. I had a raven concealment pocket holster and gun fall out of my pocket getting into my truck. For pocket carry I prefer leather. It seems to stick in the pocket a little better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congratz.
Call Taran and ask for a +10% spring as it will most likely give you FTE's in some 124+ HP rounds.
I added the +10% and works like a charm.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratz.
Call Taran and ask for a +10% spring as it will most likely give you FTE's in some 124+ HP rounds.
I added the +10% and works like a charm.
According to their website the +2 extension now comes standard with a +10% spring for the G43. I use Winchester White box for FMJ and the dealer I buy from only has it in 115 grain. I also like Hornady Critical Defense for carry ammo and that also is 115 grain. I will be testing both the FMJ and run through a box of the carry ammo before I depend on it to save my life. I have seen a few reviews where guys say their 43 or it's magazines are picky on what grain bullet it wants to eat so I will be testing this in mine.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have heard it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission...just saying:danceban:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife would shoot me to if I came home with a Glock. Now a Colt she would be happy.
Good news! I'm still alive!

Bad news! She hasn't found out I bought it yet haha I'm waiting til she's drunk on Friday night to break it to her.:danceban:

Best part about me and my Glocks is the wife won't touch em. Only because she doesn't like any gun that isn't DAO. She's weird. She absolutely loves her LC380, and she's actually really accurate with it, so I don't mind her owning it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
According to their website the +2 extension now comes standard with a +10% spring for the G43. I use Winchester White box for FMJ and the dealer I buy from only has it in 115 grain. I also like Hornady Critical Defense for carry ammo and that also is 115 grain. I will be testing both the FMJ and run through a box of the carry ammo before I depend on it to save my life. I have seen a few reviews where guys say their 43 or it's magazines are picky on what grain bullet it wants to eat so I will be testing this in mine.
My +1 worked ok with HCD and Federal alu for most part.
With the +10% had zero issues and shot over 300 HP through at this point.
One box isn't enough when it comes to aftermarket pieces that are known to cause issues if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
The last time my wife caught me bringing a gun into the house the only thing she said was " I can't have any more safes". So I guess if I fill the last one up I am out of luck.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
That's not new. I have had that for quit awhile.
I thought you needed advice for the wife.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I don't (try to) sneak ANYthing past Mrs. GT. She's not only always had "female intuition" down pat, she's got Mom Experience thru a half-dozen kids and now, grandkids! But it works out very well because she doesn't sneak things past me, uhhh...as far as I know. :blink:

Nice G43! :congrats:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have heard it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission...just saying:danceban:
It works. Just don't do it too often and always buy a little something for her in return.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts