Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! This is my first post..of many! I visit this site al the time and is my favoite online forum for handguns and carying questions of any sort. Just want to start off by saying you guys rock!!

Now I know you all have heard this question before so I'm sory and please don't attack me with insults. I used to own a Sig P229 .40 and got rid of it not too long ago...why you ask?? I'm an idiot! Ever since I got rid of it and sold it to my friend (needed cash BAD) I've been craving and dreaming of owning another weapon. Now I have shot plenty of guns and have experience with different calibers and how they react after the trigger is pulled.

Now here i the question. I'm goign to buy a new handgun soon...I have a few in mind..Sig P239, Glock 23, HK USPc. I am about 5'10 180. I'm not a big guy, and wear moe form fitting clothes, not too baggy...not skin tight emo ****. I was thinking of getting a deep concealed IWB o a Smart Carry holster...but out of your professional opinions which gun would best be concealed on me? I've shot them all and like them all the same, I'm not too picky...just wondering which would conceal best on me.

Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!
Only you can determine what gun is going to be easy for you to carry. If you aren't willing to change your method of dress you are going to severely limit your choices. Snug fitting clothing will make it difficult to carry IWB. If you are looking for something to carry in a smartcarry, you probably want to look at the G27, instead of the G23. I can't comment on the others, since I have no personal experience with them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Te only thing I don't like about the 27 is my pinky hangs off and I feel like I don't have a safe grip. Now I never shot one so that is just a opinion of holding it in my hand in the gun store. I was thinking a summer gun could be a Kahr P9 or something...but in winter I dont mind dressing a little baggier...plus hoodies and my leather.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I think you answered your own question with selling the 229!

I'd go with the 239 out of your choices! Fantastic pistol and very easy to hide as it's a skinny one. Very hard to wrong with a Sig. They're like the "Energizer Bunny".

Don't feel bad. I've been an idiot on quite a few occasions by selling guns I should of held onto.:frown:

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
As long as your trousers aren't too tight, you can conceal a G26 or G27 very well in a Smartcarry. I added the Pearce pinky extension, because I also do not like having my pinky dangling in the breeze while I shoot. It still eliminates the part of the grip that prints - the bottom rear corner.

Pleated pants in darker colors would be even better, if that fits your style.:smile:

Try them at a range. See which you prefer.

Sigs are great, but a bit heavy due to their all steel construction. Glocks are lighter, but still controllable, especially in 9mm. XD's and S&W M&P's are worth a look too.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I am 5'7" 150 and I carry a 26 in a smart carry daily. I am very pleased and my wife likes the fact that I can tuck my shirts in when we go to dinner. I have other options in jeans and tshirts but in work attire its a perfect combo for me.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Get yourself another Sig, you regret getting rid of the one you had. You'll regret not getting another one when you have the chance. Don't make the same mistake again!

Nothing beats a SIG!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUMP!

Well thanks so far for all input! If you put a pink extension on a Glock 27 wouldn't it almost be exact to a 19 or 23? I dig all the choices, there is a good chance I'll go with the sig since it is thin, single stack and would fit me great..plus I love Sig. But I just think there might be others out there I could look into. I ALWAYS wanted a HK USPc .40, always...and think that might be good enough size...I mean it's shorter then the 229....slightly longer then the 239 and in the gun store I personally couldn't tell too much of a difference in width between the USPc and the 239. There WAS a difference but nothing to dramatic...I just hate when it's time to buy a new gun...I WANT THEM ALL!!

·
Registered
38,194 Posts
Glock-wise, if you want a concealable .40, the 27 may be just the ticket.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Have you ever shot a H&K P7? They are a bit heavy but conceal very well and mine is the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. Recoil is nil and thanks to it's grip design is also the fastest for me on follow up shots as the recoil comes straight back with virtually no muzzle flip.

Once you've tried one you will be impressed. At least I was and still am. I't my go to CCW when I'm venturing into iffy locals with a S&W 36 as it's BUG.

TT Gunleather IWB

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Go Glock!:yup::danceban:

ret :31:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm almost your exact size (5' 10"" @ 175lbs). I have no problem concealing my Glock 22 with a Crossbreed Supertuck. I normally wear 32" waist pants, but this combination requires 34" waist pants for me. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Retsupt and Pikachu thanks for the kind greeting!!

GTOGUY...it seems as if I could hide a Glock 23 well...or even a USPc. I know if there is a will there is a way. I also know that in a typical gun battle you fire on average 5 rounds, so I guess the P239 holding 7 (.40) or 8 (9mm) rounds shouldnt be that big of a deal, especially if you cary another mag....my only thing is...the standard glock back holds 1 less then 2 P239 mags..

I've never been a fan of Glock...and I don't know why. They are spec to spec one of the best handgns on the market...maybe I need to beat some sense into myself. Who knows?!?

Like I said earlier, I ALWAYS wnated a USPc...even when I bought my 229 I almost bought the USP...but somethign a bout the all metal frame got to me....a Glock and HK seem almost like toys...I know that polymer is about as strong as metal but just hvaing a plastic gun doesnt seem right.

As of right now my order of choice is:

Sig P239
HK USPc
Glock 23

I'd still love more opinions!!

I love how they all feel in my hand, and I love how they all shoot...especially Glocks Safe Action Trigger...I'm not big on safety's on guns...I think the only safety you need is to keep your finger off the trigger at all times until needed, but that s a cool feature....god this **** gives me a headache!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I carry the HK USPc in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I love it and it disapears on me (5'9" 180). But, I have little experience with Sigs and have never carried a Glock.

If you are looking for a metal frame, I suggest looking at a CZ 75.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I guess I don't understand what you mean about Glocks' magazines. The sub-compact models may only hold 7, but my 22 mags hold 15 rounds each. I think more rounds is a benefit. It all comes down to what you want to carry. I wasn't a big fan of Glocks until I spent some time at the range with a friend's Glock. I don't carry my Glock as often as I carry my S&W since the S&W is smaller and lighter. It holds 12 + 1 rounds. However, the Glock is more accurate and better balanced than my S&W.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess I don't understand what you mean about Glocks' magazines holding less than 7 rounds. The sub-compact models may only hold 7, but my 22 mags hold 15 rounds each. It all comes down to what you want to carry. I don't carry my Glock as often as I carry my S&W since the S&W is smaller and lighter. It holds 12 + 1 rounds. However, the Glock is more accurate and better balanced than my S&W.
Noo, what I meant was the Sig P239 only holds 7-8 rounds depending on the caliber. The glock 23 holds 13...which is almost 2 P239 mags..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts