Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the piece on Connecticut's new firearms laws, I almost wonder if Obama's real agenda is to get the state's to carry his agenda for him? It's happening faster there (New York, Colorado, Connecticut) than it appears it will ever happen in Congress and if he achieves the same goals, as Hillary would say, "what does it matter?"

Just thinking out loud here...

Reactions: GoPackman

·
Banned
12,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Sure, I believe the current administration would love to see the states take the baton and run with it. It would: A. Allow him to pass the blame for the lack of national laws on the "conservatives". B. Allow any/all political backlash to be shouldered by someone other than him. C. Further and polarize our country, which allows them to continue to play the fear/race/crisis cards that they require for continued voter support.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hopefully the good citizen of Conn, CO and NY send amessage and vote all of the anti's out of office. That would send a clear message to any politician.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
His agenda was to change the face of the nation. I think he has succeeded in doing that. I can only hope that the pendulum swings the other way..

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Gun control by any other name.

Control by any other name.

No other name for it, no matter who executes. So long as the People are constrained, irrespective of whether it makes them beholden to others or lose their liberties in the process, and irrespective of whether the control mechanism results in the ostensible benefits it's purported to provide. Little different from any other politician, the "successful" ones anyway.

Now, if they'd only seek Crime Control instead. That'd be something.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
After reading the piece on Connecticut's new firearms laws, I almost wonder if Obama's real agenda is to get the state's to carry his agenda for him? It's happening faster there (New York, Colorado, Connecticut) than it appears it will ever happen in Congress and if he achieves the same goals, as Hillary would say, "what does it matter?"

Just thinking out loud here...
That's what I've been saying .... knowing he can't / won't get it possibly even thru the Senate, let alone the House. But, there is another reason..... when challenged in the Courts, there is a lot more steps to get it to the Supreme Court than if it's a Federal Law, and there's a chance that Judges in "favorable" states might rule in their favor, requiring more money for appeals , etc. to take it up the ladder..... and more time. So, there is more "delay" and harder to get the laws thrown out as unconstitutional.

Take notice that the States passing them, are also in areas where 'more liberal' Fedl Court rulings have occurred, which were eventually over-thrown, but..... in the meantime... money and effort. Example: California and the 9th Circuit.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Hopefully the gun manufacturing companies in Ct. will all relocate to a pro gun states.

·
Premium Member
39,186 Posts
Ammo is generally unavailable, high capacity firearm inventories are depleted and overpriced, all with no end in sight. I'm betting Obama is one happy camper right now with the gun agenda.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I may be off base but I dont think Obama himself personally gives a hoot about guns one way or the other. I believe that after pushing health care thru when no other would be dictator had been able too he saw a chance with the Sandy Hook shooting to put thru gun control no other would be dictator had been able to simply to add to his legacy in office.

The libs under him on the state and fed level are willing to destroy their own careers to pass this mess in what states they can blindly in order to please what they see as their savior.

·
Registered
669 Posts
With all the heat he's getting, he needs all the plausible deniability he can get.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Him sitting back and allowing the states to implement their own gun control plan is exactly what he is doing. He did the same thing for gay marriage, said he was for it but he didn't do crap for gay people and passed zero leglislation to enforce marriage equality amongst gays. He even said he thinks it is the responisbility of the states to allow gay marriage.

This thread kind of confuses me though. Are we mad because Obama is leaving it up to the states to implement their own gun control leglislation or are we mad because he's not intervening and stopping states from implementing their own gun control leglislation? I thought the absence of Federal Government on State level is what we wanted, it's what I want.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd like to see his water break.

Or see him laying on a board with his water dripping on his face for a while. He needs to taste some of his own water. He shoots for the stars the accepts the moon. Then repeats that incremental process relentlessly until he has won everything, and ruined everything too. Then when all these plates are spinning he puppet strings to the UN. Then when we're exhausted he switches to some other topic like immigration, health care. I always said a president was nothing more than a hood ornament. Boy, was I wrong.

darebear, you highlight how corrupted everyone is right now on both sides and all levels. The USA is turning into one big Chicago.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This thread kind of confuses me though. Are we mad because Obama is leaving it up to the states to implement their own gun control leglislation or are we mad because he's not intervening and stopping states from implementing their own gun control leglislation? I thought the absence of Federal Government on State level is what we wanted, it's what I want.
I am not happy with any of it, no matter which way it comes down. But, I don't think he's completely stupid. The man has agendas. Not sure if he planned it this way, or it's just conveniently working out this way. He and the rest of the antis are schemers...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.