Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well, not rioting isn't working...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Apparently rioting and looting isn't either. Unless you count stolen sneakers and laptops as success.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I started to post a reply. Then I had second thoughts and decided to let this one go by without my comments.
I believe you and I are thinking the same thoughts.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
They are mainly focusing on areas near the precinct where the four murderers worked...
That's not their own community.

But humor me, what should people be doing?

Not breaking the law would be a good start. I favor shooting looters.

·
Registered
462 Posts
But humor me, what should people be doing?

Excellent question! To start with, not burning and looting. In the big scheme of things that will only get you ill will. Political pressure, boycotts and most of all winning the battle in the press/media are things that often force change. I would suggest pooling your resources and getting some expert help in those areas would be a starting point. You won't win if you don't fight. But you have to fight smart and play the long game to get real change. All of this is JMO but you asked and it is what I think.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Excellent question! To start with, not burning and looting. In the big scheme of things that will only get you ill will. Political pressure, boycotts and most of all winning the battle in the press/media are things that often force change. I would suggest pooling your resources and getting some expert help in those areas would be a starting point. You won't win if you don't fight. But you have to fight smart and play the long game to get real change. All of this is JMO but you asked and it is what I think.
BTDT.

Didn't work.

Look, I'm all about eliminating threats. When a cop has a good shoot, I'm all for it. When I burglar gets lit up by a CC-Holder, I applaud.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
This time Minneapolis PD played the stupid games, and all of this destruction is on their hands.

·
Registered
462 Posts
BTDT.

Didn't work.

Look, I'm all about eliminating threats. When a cop has a good shoot, I'm all for it. When I burglar gets lit up by a CC-Holder, I applaud.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
This time Minneapolis PD played the stupid games, and all of this destruction is on their hands.

Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for solutions. If you are just looking for someone to blame then carry on until it bites you hard enough to make you quit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for solutions. If you are just looking for someone to blame then carry on until it bites you hard enough to make you quit.
I'd be happy to hear a solution. I haven't heard a feasible one, that hasn't been tried, yet.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd be happy to hear a solution. I haven't heard a feasible one, that hasn't been tried, yet.

And I doubt that you will. I think I'm going to follow the advice in my signature line.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts

How about people let the state prosecute the cops that killed the guy instead of burning down the city?

·
Registered
889 Posts
There will always be persecution in this world. There will always be the rich and powerful who dominate. There will always be injustice and evil will triumph until ....but, we've been warned not to talk about that on most forums because it never ends well due to the arguments and heated discussions it starts.

So the best anyone can do is live their lives the best they know how and raise their children the best they know how. Obey the laws and work hard. Participate in your community and try to serve others rather then ourselves so much. Serve on local school boards and help elect "good" "intelligent" "caring" people. Help our neighbors instead of burning them out. Grow up and act like mature men and women. Might not even hurt to have everyone eat around the table again and discuss family and civic matters. Show a little love for others instead of only for ourselves. Help your kids in school and maybe go to church with them and discuss what the Good Book teaches together. Stuff like that.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts