Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MCS Drop Step Control Drill (Live Fire)

Student walks down range with another student simulating loved one (protectee) on his reaction side. A visual cue is introduced, in this case a tennis ball. Student utilizes his natural reaction side arm to gain control of his protectee while drawing his pistol one handed and engages target. Primary goal is to take control of and move the protectee while placing yourself between the protectee the threat while creating distance to the direction offered in the environment. The second goal is to put effective rounds on the target.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Nice drill, but the pics don't show the protectee being covered by the protector at all in the photo sequences.

Having worked professionally in the field of EP work, if one of my guys didn't cover the client with his body [ he'd be armored ] while engaging, he'd be off the detail PDQ.

He should have moved more to his left to cover the protectee while drawing. He also waits to go to near line of sight before firing on the threat at that distance which isn't necessary and gives the BG more time to fire on client.

Brownie

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree if he was on a "detail" and not learning this in a class. The intent was to show the progression. These of the pictures that were taken showed it the best. These guys are not professionals and will be doing this with their wives and kids and will not have the support of others on a detail. My main focus is that they take physical control with a grab and are able to move/drag/push their loved one.- George

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Understood George, just grabbing the significant other at least allows them to know where the person is within their inner circle and not tripping over them when moving out.:hand10:

Brownie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts