Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an inept bunch of buffoons.

Not only is the State's Attorney's office violating discovery laws, now the Medical Examiner may have perjured herself on the stand by saying that she never thought dead Freddie could have assumed room temperature by accident.

Didn't anybody tell Dr. Carol Allen that the first rule about party machine strongarming is to never talk about party machine strongarming?

Freddie Gray case: Prosecutors turn over additional evidence during trial of Officer Caesar Goodson - Baltimore Sun

Sorry, Gimme, I know you wanted to believe......

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
When Mosby is trying to make a case out of no facts , and pushing an agenda this is the results of that.

I think and say from the beginning Grey hurt himself so he could get paid , but he did more damage then he bargained for . He had drugs in his system I do believe .

Also people hurt themselves everyday in all types of accidents , diving board , falls , ramming head into things (football & sports injuries) it does happen . No crime here , beyond a reasonable doubt IMHO

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
I will gladly change my opinion when people present evidence. I generally do not change my opinion based on whatever wild theories people on the internet may fling around.

Changing the manner of death from "homicide" to "accidental" does definitely indicate that there was pressure on the ME to rule a certain way. Changing the manner of death does not, however, change the cause of death, which is still interesting and important.

ETA: other way around. I meant "changing the manner of death from 'accidental' to 'homicide'...".

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is one case I think Baltimore should have turned over to the Feds to insure an unbiased investigation.

But then Mosby the glory hog wouldn't have been able to give this jewel of a presser....

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will gladly change my opinion when people present evidence. I generally do not change my opinion based on whatever wild theories people on the internet may fling around.

Changing the manner of death from "homicide" to "accidental" does definitely indicate that there was pressure on the ME to rule a certain way. Changing the manner of death does not, however, change the cause of death, which is still interesting and important.

ETA: other way around. I meant "changing the manner of death from 'accidental' to 'homicide'...".

Agreed.

But to allow yourself to be pressured into changing your ruling and potentially ruining an officer's life is disgusting.

If there's any justice the ME will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I'm going to go on the record right now and say that I doubt any of these officers will be convicted on any of the charges and if they do the Court of Appeals is going to pick up the pieces of this crap sandwich of a trial and serve up some just desserts......

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
this is one case i think baltimore should have turned over to the feds to insure an unbiased investigation.
exactly! As she stated, "...it is a tremendous and serious responsibility...one in which (she is not prepared nor qualified to take on)..."(my emphasis added)

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
When Mosby is trying to make a case out of no facts , and pushing an agenda this is the results of that.

I think and say from the beginning Grey hurt himself so he could get paid , but he did more damage then he bargained for . He had drugs in his system I do believe .

Also people hurt themselves everyday in all types of accidents , diving board , falls , ramming head into things (football & sports injuries) it does happen . No crime here , beyond a reasonable doubt IMHO

I think so too welder. I've believed from day one that Freddie rammed his head into the van so he could get out of going to jail, or maybe a big pay day for "police brutality". He had done it before and the other prisoner in the van SAID he SAW him do it.

I hope the whole, stinkin' lot of them (Mayor, ME, Mosby) go to jail for this. Especially because they made Baltimore fraudulently pay out 6 million to Freddie's family.
I'd also like to know how much of the 6M went to the attorneys and back to Mosby.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

People die slipping and falling down stairs. Doesn't sound dangerous or bad but it does cause death.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Its not rare for an ME or coroner to change manner of death. BUT the change occurs when new evidence shows up beyond the final report which is then part of the public record. They try to cover all the bases before coming to a probable determination of death. Mistakes can be made but they try to avoid that since it shortens their careers. I've seen some cases personally where a certificate was amended to accidental instead of suicide out of sympathy for a family. But nothing politically motivated.

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not rare for an ME or coroner to change manner of death. BUT the change occurs when new evidence shows up beyond the final report which is then part of the public record. They try to cover all the bases before coming to a probable determination of death. Mistakes can be made but they try to avoid that since it shortens their careers. I've seen some cases personally where a certificate was amended to accidental instead of suicide out of sympathy for a family. But nothing politically motivated.

I think you're missing the point. The manner of death was changed before the trial and the ME lied about it.

Welcome to Baltimore, Hon, where we like our crabs, cold Natty Boh and heavy handed Democratic machine politics......

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
This case was manipulated from the very beginning and everybody knew that. It should come as no surprise that the once an in depth investigation was conducted that the facts would come out.

I just cannot believe that the Baltimore officials involved thought they could get away with these type of shenanigans.

Of course, they probably look at Hillary Clinton's avoidance and complete disrespect for the rule of law as their paradigm for hope.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of a fact but.

If no officers maliciously injured Grey, which I personally believe none did.
Still at least one was grossly negligent or Grey would not, should not, have been ABLE to harm himself that seriously.
Once police take you into custody its their duty to make sure you arrive at the jail safely.

Same as if they arressted a suicidal, mentally ill or drunk prisioner.

In this case a man is dead that wasnt dying when arressted. That fact isnt going away.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I think the wrong group of Baltimore people are on trial. It's time for a Federal investigation of the Baltimore state's attorney's office. I'm sure Loretta Lynch is gong to get right on that! Even if this isn't criminally chargeable persecution, it is at least gross malfeasance.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
This is one case I think Baltimore should have turned over to the Feds to insure an unbiased investigation.
Probably.

But then, I'm sure there is a long list of "federal" prosecutions in which the discovery laws weren't followed to a "T" either.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I thought the mayor and DA found the cops guilty on day one. Why are they bothering with a trial?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The pressure was so horrendous that they wanted to appease the people. Had they changed the venue (given the climate) and the prosecutors (untainted by the moment), perhaps they would be experiencing a different climate right now. Best believe, when this is over, there will be some heads gone after, and many job vacancies to fill.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Question I have, because I don't routinely sit in the back Police Cars and Vans, doesn't it put the Officer at further risk of injury when attempting to apply the seat belt for someone being arrested or detained?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts