Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since mrshonts and I went to the local Renaissance festival this past weekend, I've had a hankering for a mace. A couple vendors were selling them, but I didn't purchase one because I didn't particularly like the ones they had.

There are the round head spiked ones, but I really like the more clublike flanged ones.

I've found the exact one I want here. It looks like a useable one. I'm thinking I'll get it, unless Tourist can find me a better deal. :biggrin:

Anybody have one or have used one? Fun, yes? If I get it, I'm going to the local market to buy some coconuts. I'll be sure to take some video clips. :biggrin:

·
Banned
693 Posts
Why didn't you say so.

The 'Cold Steel Special Projects' division has their mace (a less fancy-schmancy version) in their 'factory seconds' area, but not shown in the computer store. Their head has the same shape and grind lines, but is black iron and not chromed or polished.

The price is $29.95 and they can be ordered at 800-255-4716.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at those earlier, but I'm really liking the one I linked.
It's..... shiny. :biggrin:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Betty said:
I was looking at those earlier, but I'm really liking the one I linked.
It's..... shiny. :biggrin:
Hey Betty...you can carry that thing around and if questioned....just say it is your sceptor......Queen Betty!! :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Betty said:
went to the local Renessaince festival this past weekend, I've had a hankering for a mace.
I've found the exact one I want here.
........... And the story just keeps getting better!! :medievals

Anybody have one or have used one? Fun, yes? If I get it, I'm going to the local market to buy some coconuts. I'll be sure to take some video clips. :biggrin:
Oh, video please.... And it should also do wonders for everyones favorite target..... WATERMELLON! :sheildsmi

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooooh, watermelon! :biggrin: Anything else?

(I fixed my Renaissance typo - typos really bug me! :eek: )

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pomegranates.

Red -juicy stains, and the seeds go everywhere. :eek:

What is chromed and goes "thump...thump...thump"?

- Betty with Mace
-Harley

"Chrome it" gots to look good gettin' there...."thump....thump...thump...."

:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I thought it would weigh more. Just a bit over 2lbs, seems a bit light to me. Is that what they should weigh?

-Scott-

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
The Mace

Ancient Weapon Makes Comeback Preparing Fruit Salad. :biggrin:
Wear Old Clothes!
I wanna see pics of a watermelon slammed with a mace! :dead:

I like this one with the SKULL

It costs 142 pieces of fruit though.
SKULL MACE LINK

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm not one for the spikes. Those can make second hits against charging platemail wearing knights a little difficult. I hate it when my mace gets stuck in the armor.
The type Betty picked out is ideal... You can crush the armor with it and the armor becomes all spiky on the inside, and you are ready to swing again.

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
George Hill

Leave it to me to select the totally wrong sort of Mace for the job.
So the Evil Looking Pointed Spikes are more for show than they are Combat Effective?

I am actually quite suprised that Betty has such a keen interest in Ancient Maces as weaponry.

I always imagined her as being more of an Old Battle Ax type of female.:stups::hit: :rofl:
Here Is A Picture Of The Old Battle Type Ax That I'm (Of Course) Referring To:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Kind of hard to conceal.... :biggrin: isnt it there Betty?

·
Registered
329 Posts
QKShooter said:
Ancient Weapon Makes Comeback Preparing Fruit Salad. :biggrin:
Wear Old Clothes!
I wanna see pics of a watermelon slammed with a mace! :dead:

I like this one with the SKULL

It costs 142 pieces of fruit though.
SKULL MACE LINK
QK,...man...that would be a hell of a Living dead zombie CQB weapon, wouldn't it? :starwars:

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
My Logic

Seriously, I was thinking that Betty (being so much into razor edged weapons) would opt for the "flying blade of sharp" rather than the "crushing blow of blunt" for close quarters stick weaponry.

Sure hope she doesn't take my "Battle Ax" comment some other way than I intended.:rolleyes:
If so.....she might test my gourd...rather than the watermelon. :wink:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts