Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Went by the LGS store and happened upon a Springfield Armory Emissary chambered in .45 ACP. Normally I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to 1911's but this one really caught my eye. Hope to put a few rounds through it this Friday.

View attachment 366064

View attachment 366065
There is a write up on it in Guns and Ammo magazine. Didn’t pick it up but it looked nice. I must say, that one looks nicer then was in the magazine. Very cool! Enjoy!👍😎

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Very Nice! Good luck with that one it looks like it shoots just as good as it looks........

Be sure to include a range report.

·
Premium Member
6,633 Posts
Nice! I too consider myself sort of a traditionalist when it comes to 1911's, but I think the Emmisary is the nicest attempt at a 'modernized' 1911 that I've seen. I like it!

Haven't seen one IRL yet. How was the price in the shop?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! I too consider myself sort of a traditionalist when it comes to 1911's, but I think the Emmisary is the nicest attempt at a 'modernized' 1911 that I've seen. I like it!

Haven't seen one IRL yet. How was the price in the shop?
The shop had it priced at $50 below MSRP. I qualify for Springfield's LE / IOP pricing and the LGS is a Springfield LE retailer, so it was really a no brainer since I had been looking for one. The IOP price for the Emissary is $1,000. The qualifications for their IOP program are actually pretty liberal. Below is a link to Springfield's website that lists the qualifications, pricing and LE retailers.

Springfield IOP

·
Premium Member
6,364 Posts
Nice! A "new take on a 1911". I REALLY like the grip checkering. Close approximation, of the grip, on my daily pocket carry XDs.

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took the Emissary out this morning and fired two magazines of 230 grain Federal FMJ's. As expected, the pistol functioned flawlessly. The VZ grips combined with the front strap and mainspring checkering, give the pistol a rock solid feel. The pistol feels a little muzzle heavy to me. Maybe the bull barrel? Not sure but weighing in at 40 ounces it soaks up recoil well and does not have much muzzle rise. The front tritium sight stands out well and is easy to pick up quickly. I'd be just as happy with a Hackathorn style rear sight but the U-Notch rear works.

Happy with the pistol and feel like it has a lot of features for the money. Now I need to find a holster and order a few Wilson Combat magazines.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Took the Emissary out this morning and fired two magazines of 230 grain Federal FMJ's. As expected, the pistol functioned flawlessly. The VZ grips combined with the front strap and mainspring checkering, give the pistol a rock solid feel. The pistol feels a little muzzle heavy to me. Maybe the bull barrel? Not sure but weighing in at 40 ounces it soaks up recoil well and does not have much muzzle rise. The front tritium sight stands out well and is easy to pick up quickly. I'd be just as happy with a Hackathorn style rear sight but the U-Notch rear works.

Happy with the pistol and feel like it has a lot of features for the money. Now I need to find a holster and order a few Wilson Combat magazines.
Glad to see your report on one, that gun has caught my eye for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts