Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
When I was MUCH younger, as a tall, skinny kid,I worked in my Dad's garage. One day, while I was fully stretched, putting a flywheel on the back of an engine, one of the other guys walked in, saw me, and said "Hey High Pockets, got a light?" After that, it stuck.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mine is my initials along with a car I drove. In fact I had 4 Fieros.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
You poor unfortunate soul. You got it bad.
Got called out of class my senior year due to a car fire. Watched a friend's Fiero self destruct while the fire department kept any other cars from brewing up.
Actually liked that car. It was quick and agile but reminded me of a Triumph TR7 with the wedge shape.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
I once had a cat named Rocky. He looked tough and acted the part as well. My wife said if he could smoke cigarettes, he’d be a chain smoker! He was an avid hunter, and when he’d bring home “a kill” our other cat would try to get in on the action. Rocky turned into a real “Monster” and growled and hissed at anyone who got near his kill.....hence the name Rockymonster in honor of my departed cat.

I’m certain he could easily take my Avatar .....😼

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
20-25 years back a young Lady started calling me her Knight because I seemed to be in the right place at the right time every time she needed a hand. I added my initials to it and have used it on a number of forums ever since.

·
Administrator
143,384 Posts
Q K would be a specific shooting genre that I am decently familiar with.
Better than some & somewhat worse than others.
It has been my forum name since the very beginning of CombatCarry which later became DefensiveCarry.
Some members tend to think that the "Q" is an "O" - which is just fine w/ me because I'm an OK Shooter. Better than some and somewhat worse than others. My avatar is an illustration and has never changed (for years now) & that's a long & personal story.
Carry On. Interesting thread.
We did have an older similar one but, I think it slipped into the Twilight Zone.

·
Premium Member
33,809 Posts
Q K would be a specific shooting genre that I am decently familiar with.
Better than some & somewhat worse than others.
It has been my forum name since the very beginning of CombatCarry which later became DefensiveCarry.
Some members tend to think that the "Q" is an "O" - which is just fine w/ me because I'm an OK Shooter. Better than some and somewhat worse than others. My avatar is an illustration and has never changed (for years now) & that's a long & personal story.
Carry On. Interesting thread.
We did have an older similar one but, I think it slipped into the Twilight Zone.
Are you one of those point and shoot guys who doesn't focus on the front sight?

·
Premium Member
33,809 Posts
When I was an advisor on Swift Boats, we did a lot of radio checks for a sense of security. The answer you wanted to hear was, "I hear you loud and clear." That morphed to "I hear you Lima Charlie" which is military phonetic alphabet for LC. Often you heard, "I hear you Licken Chicken." When I joined the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth forum, I used LimaCharlie as my site name instead of LickenChicken.
Maybe I should change my userid to Roger Out...

Reactions: Pete63 and NavCop

·
Premium Member
33,809 Posts
The CV-22 Osprey was the only aircraft I ever flew in and never landed in:D
Food for thought...
I could be C-123, C-141 or Chinook given such criteria.

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I was an advisor on Swift Boats, we did a lot of radio checks for a sense of security. The answer you wanted to hear was, "I hear you loud and clear." That morphed to "I hear you Lima Charlie" which is military phonetic alphabet for LC. Often you heard, "I hear you Licken Chicken." When I joined the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth forum, I used LimaCharlie as my site name instead of LickenChicken.
When I first saw your name pop up, I knew you were really "Lickin Chicken". You can't fool an old ground pounder.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I was self employed for many years. I was either working 60-80 hour weeks or sitting at home trying to drum up business. My wife accused me of Lying Around. That kinda morphed into Lionround.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I did some work for NIS many, many years ago.
All through high school, early 80's, my mom worked as a GS worker at NIS Camp Pendleton. I remember her typing up case reports.
My dad was an MP at Camp Pendleton. In charge of troopers and K9 units.
I wasn't a bad teen but...let's just say when you get stopped for speeding and the MP asks you if you're "Top's son" you get let loose with a warning......

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
5lima30 was my radio call sign as a cop. The ret is short for retired:cool:

61 - 80 of 115 Posts