Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around and have not been able to find an answer to this question. At what posting levels does the Member status change?

I noticed as I have posted my status has changed from New Member to Junior Member to Regular Member. Not really important to me, but I have an incurable case of curiosity. I always want to know how things work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
All I know is, I got a star at 50. Woo Hoo!:danceban:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
George IIRC at the 500 mark you make ''senior'' - not so useful to the likes of you and me and others, who as we know we are seniors already!!!

Then after that well - break points I think are 1k and 2k. After 2k I guess you get all the stars and change to ''omnipotent'' or something :wink:

Have to check Rocky's status - he is well up there now.

We try and keep it quiet but rumor has it after 2k you get the occasional free donut or choc-chip cookie :smilez:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey, I'd take a box of .45 or 223 instead :biggrin2:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P95Carry said:
George IIRC at the 500 mark you make ''senior'' - not so useful to the likes of you and me and others, who as we know we are seniors already!!!
Chris, I am one of those strange people who is never really a senior because my birth certificate says that I am a junior. Talk about schizophrenic. Try getting to the last year of high school and college and being a senior junior. Or now being a junior getting a senior citizen discount. Or when I get 500 posts, I'll be a junior who is a senior member and gets senior citizen discounts. Then where I used to have only two personalities I will then have three. I don't know who I am.:aargh4:
:biggrin2:

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Hey George

You'll hit Senior Member before you know it...just with an average amount of posting.

One way for all members to get their post count to go up is to offer a warm welcome to our newly registered members in the "New Members Intro Area" of the forum. (hint hint)

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
P95Carry said:

Then after that well - break points I think are 1k and 2k. After 2k I guess you get all the stars and change to ''omnipotent'' or something :wink:

Have to check Rocky's status - he is well up there now.

We try and keep it quiet but rumor has it after 2k you get the occasional free donut or choc-chip cookie :smilez:
Yeah, Rocky's been here less time than I have and he's got a lot more posts. He must be unemployed:haha: Just kidding. I finally hit 2k and went to VIP. I thought the free doughnuts were for the LEO's?

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Here's the breakdown:

1 star = 5 posts, Junior Member
2 stars = 50 posts, Member
3 stars = 250 posts, Regular Member
4 stars = 500 posts, Senior Member
5 stars = 1200 posts, Distinguished Member
5 stars = 2000 posts, VIP Member
6 stars = (no post count requirement) Moderators, Sr Moderators & Administrator

This may change somewhat in the future. I have been considering keeping post counts and stars, but removing rank titles completely to avoid the "running up" of post counts when a new rank is desired. Nothing has been settled yet, but forum moderators and I have discussed it....

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Bumper. I have no desire to run up my totals or achieve a new level. I just wondered where the break points were.

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
dr_cmg said:
Thanks, Bumper. I have no desire to run up my totals or achieve a new level.
That's the RIGHT attitude, unfortunately............ :mad: There are those.........

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Kevin, thats funny, but I'm sure Bumper is gonna send you to the corner now, c'mon Bumper lay the smack down!!:yup:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that you were running up your post count. Most people don't or, if they do, it's minor. But then there are those that do it in excess and we are all made to pay reading meaningless posts that contribute little. I doubt that most of you appreciate it any more than the mods and I do trying to manage this beast in addition to our daily lives. Wait, that implied I had a daily life, lol.... :tongue:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Bumper said:
I didn't mean to imply that you were running up your post count. Most people don't or, if they do, it's minor. But then there are those that do it in excess and we are all made to pay reading meaningless posts that contribute little. I doubt that most of you appreciate it any more than the mods and I do trying to manage this beast in addition to our daily lives. Wait, that implied I had a daily life, lol.... :tongue:
That was just my little joke showing what some people do to get there post count up!! I was trying to be funny... Guess it was lost

·
Registered
822 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that you were running up your post count. Most people don't or, if they do, it's minor. But then there are those that do it in excess and we are all made to pay reading meaningless posts that contribute little. I doubt that most of you appreciate it any more than the mods and I do trying to manage this beast in addition to our daily lives. Wait, that implied I had a daily life, lol....
+1

Wayne

:wink:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bumper said:
Bumper, I knew you weren't implying that. I just wanted to say thanks and to say that now I know the levels I'll continue posting the way I have. Stars are nice, but I let my wife collect them for losing weight at WeightWatchers.

Thanks also for this fantastic forum. This morning I was getting database errors on the site and a while later a site not found error and I started to get withdrawal symptoms. I went and checked several other forums and that only made it worse. So I went out and built the PVC target stand and took pictures before coming back into the house. The first thing I did even before getting the photos off the camera was to check to see if CC was back. It was! Man was I glad. Keep up the good work and like some others have said, if you need help paying for this site just let us know.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Sorry, Kevin, I was answering George's post that said he had no desire to run up the count. I knew you were goofing, lol.

Thanks, George. Not sure what the problem was on the site, I received a load of error messages that looked like the host was having some kind of problem. I did a routine maintenance when I saw it happening late last night (with no reported errors) and haven't received any more so maybe we are all fixed up....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.