Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Id have to agree. Between the killings of Presidents, Presidential candidates, Civil Rights leaders, the burning of National Guard Armory’s, the war in Vietnam, civil rights marches, Kent State shootings, and the riots in the ghettos, plus the hippy movement, and add on top of all that, the Manson murders, and the nuclear threat of the Cold War, and these times are just...entertaining.
I lived through all that too, but every time in history has their benchmarks. Teenagers today can say that they lived through the impeachment of a President, total shut down of the economy over a virus and cities burned and looted in protest of the death of a man by the police. That's all in the past 6 months, no telling what will happen as the national election heats up.

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
We understand that you merely misplaced all of our addresses. We have complete confidence you'll find where you put them in time for Christmas.
Found them!
OIP (5).jpg

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Fer Pete's sake, you guys.

Must be a bunch of youngsters.

Us oldsters well recall the bigger, nastier riots of the mid/late 60s that would erupt in the summer and last for weeks sometimes. That, coupled with the war in Nam made for some tense times.

These riots are a firecracker in comparison and my bet is they'll simmer down before long.

Now, that little corona virus problem? In just 3 months it's already just about doubled the entire toll of Nam. And it's not going away anytime soon.
I keep reminding these millenials, you are not as cool as your grandparents. They had better music, better drugs, better protests. Not to mention a real Communist nuclear threat and the draft. These snowflakes forget what they are protesting and need to take a yoga break.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
I focus on good things. Not the madness but the fact that I put on a size medium shirt for the first time in 30 years. Life is good.

·
Premium Member
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My step-daughter manages a Cracker Barrel in Smithfield along I-95 in outlet mall. They have been doing carry-out only during the COVID thing. Police came in earlier this afternoon and told them they had 10 minutes to close. They expected looting in the outlet mall this evening. My son-in-law owns a shop in the same mall area, and my step-daughter's husband manages a retail store in the same complex. I don't need the 24/7 news to tell me things are rough.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
I lived through all that too, but every time in history has their benchmarks. Teenagers today can say that they lived through the impeachment of a President, total shut down of the economy over a virus and cities burned and looted in protest of the death of a man by the police. That's all in the past 6 months, no telling what will happen as the national election heats up.
Its not like all of those things I mentioned were spread out over a vast time period.

Look, are things bad? Of course they are, I’m not trying to downplay it. But let’s face it, anyone with a modicum of understanding and common sense can see that it’s just going to continue to get worse....until things are put back in order.

So my message to everyone is this; buckle up buttercup, because the ride is just beginning. The fragility of our little world and all of its false security has been laid bare. As bad as it is, it may be what we have needed for a long time. Especially those who live in a false reality.

How it will end; who knows? But I’m going to sit back and enjoy the show. Fret and worry cannot add one day to my life.

Reactions: ctr and msgt/ret

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The only thing I've changed is I'm swearing off getting into discussions on COVID or boogaloo here, because there are a lot of people who don't want to discuss things those topics intelligently. They want to get into personal attacks and emotional responses and that brings out the same reaction in me. The incoming doesn't bother me as me feeling contrite for going down to that level myself. That is bad for my mental health. So I will post newsie things on those topics, but not get into arguments.

The news doesn't bother me. In fact I have to check all the local news outlets regularly because I'm a team lead for the new VCDL local watch teams. We are keeping and eye on what our local jurisdictions are doing now that the state is allowing local preemption of some gun laws. I also have a Wall St. Journal subscription, which I like. It is about as balanced as anything I've found, in my purely subjective view. I stay off of FB, but then I never really checked it much before all this.

I agree with @Texas Red. I remember a lot worse situations in this country than we are in now, so I'm not worried. I'm trying to keep busy with home projects and my mid-1800's period band. I have a lot of music to get up to performance level for when things reopen. My hot yoga studio is doing a soft reopening this week, which I am excited about. My wife and I were successfully retired already, so not a lot has changed. Our investments took a hit, but they don't affect our income much. Life is good.

So I don't think I'm suffering any drain bramage.
So anybody that does not agree with you on the covid19 subject is not intelligent?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
It is not bait at all. You did say that nobody can discuss it intelligently which means your opinion is the only one that can be right.
No, one does not follow from the other and you now have the honor of being the second person on my ignore list.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Glock2201 - Welcome aboard. I was getting lonesome over here all alone.

Reactions: Glock2201

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Much like watching my diet, I’m limiting my intake of news programs and social media. 30 mins a day. I’m not sticking my head in the sand, but I’m not gonna be triggered by the sky is falling. Am I concerned? Yes, but cool heads prevail.
That's the very reason why I get my news from Internet forums. Everything posted is 100% accurate and with no bias.

:danceban:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well when the leaders of the Government and its bureaucracies, especially the Politicians, are all screaming hysterically that there is "SYSTEMIC RACISM" in our Institutions what do they think is going to happen? If the system is racist those being discriminated against can't go to "AUTHORITIES" for protection or relief, as THEY ARE THE SYSTEM! So what do those fools think is going to happen. Where are those they are convincing are being persecuted going to go, or do? These Riots are the result of their indiscriminate bleating.

And to top it off, these same bleating fools are IN CHARGE OF THOSE SYSTEMS?!

Those Progressive/Democratic Leaders need to be held accountable for this mess, it is there doing. To be generous it must be a Mental Health Issue/Syndrome/Sickness, the alternative is they know what they're doing, want what is happening to happen and are actively promoting it. And THAT would be true EVIL!

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Those Progressive/Democratic Leaders need to be held accountable for this mess, it is there doing. To be generous it must be a Mental Health Issue/Syndrome/Sickness, the alternative is they know what they're doing, want what is happening to happen and are actively promoting it. And THAT would be true EVIL!
I absolutely believe that they DO KNOW exactly what they are doing and planning (and encouraging!) exactly what is happening now. Yes, it is truly evil.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Fer Pete's sake, you guys.

Must be a bunch of youngsters.

Us oldsters well recall the bigger, nastier riots of the mid/late 60s that would erupt in the summer and last for weeks sometimes. That, coupled with the war in Nam made for some tense times.

These riots are a firecracker in comparison and my bet is they'll simmer down before long.

Now, that little corona virus problem? In just 3 months it's already just about doubled the entire toll of Nam. And it's not going away anytime soon.

Riots back then had sex involved, and the police cars didn’t have LED lights yet just small twirllie things on top :yup:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Glock2201 - Welcome aboard. I was getting lonesome over here all alone.

...:rolleyes:..and here we thought it was the two of us, so maybe we’re a pod of people that are being ignored 🤣

you remember Cliff Clavin on “Cheers”? ...it’s a little known fact...... 😉

·
Registered
519 Posts
...:rolleyes:..and here we thought it was the two of us, so maybe we’re a pod of people that are being ignored 🤣

you remember Cliff Clavin on “Cheers”? ...it’s a little known fact...... 😉
Just so long as you guys remember that I'm #1!:danceban:

Reactions: SatCong and Sister
21 - 40 of 52 Posts