Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sending the slide of my USP45 to Robar to get their NP3 finish. I want a good set of night sights to install afterwards. Should I get Trijicon or Meprolight?

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
I prefer Trijicon because the "lamps" are encapsulated in a separate vile and not just sealed in the sight body by the lens. If something should happen to the "lamps", they can be replaced without replacing the sights themselves.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trijicon it is!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Take a look at Ameriglo. They get theit tritium inserts from Trijicon. If they make a version for the USP and you are interested I can point you to a way to get a discount.

I have a set on my G19 and like them very much.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Justin said:
I'm sending the slide of my USP45 to Robar to get their NP3 finish. I want a good set of night sights to install afterwards. Should I get Trijicon or Meprolight?

Why ? i think the HE fimish is one of the best out there in stock form Glock is the other i just cant see doing it unless the finsh is really warn

Ohh and i like Trijicon wonder if they allow factory pick ups its just up road from me

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Justin said:
Post a picture when you get it back. BTY had the Trijicons on my USP for about 3 years they work great you will love em.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Bud White said:
Why ? i think the HE fimish is one of the best out there in stock form Glock is the other i just cant see doing it unless the finsh is really warn

Ohh and i like Trijicon wonder if they allow factory pick ups its just up road from me

Agree with ya on the HK finish. I have carryed my HK uSP for over 10 years, 4 of which almost daily and the finish is still showing little wear.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I'm going to be the really annoying poster who recommends Z while you ask for X or Y. :lol:

Check out XS Sights if you haven't already. I have a set of Big Dots on my USPc and love them. I find the rear bar/front dot pattern works faster for me than Trijicon's and Meprolight's three dot systems.

I do like Trijicon's different color rear dots, like a green front and orange rear dots. I think Meprolight offers the same.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Trijicon, and Betty, believe XS uses Trijicon tubes, or if not they do use saphire lens, while Meps use plastic.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bud White said:
I looked at a stainless USP45 and I like it. The NP3 finish seems to be awesome from what I've heard"?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
NP3 on the inside, ROGARD on the outside...

Justin said:
I sent my M1A off to ROBAR for a complete tuneup. The did the interior of the rifle in NP3 and the exterior in ROGARD (black). The effect of that was to virtually eliminate the need to lube the piece. Reason being as metal parts bear against each other the NP3 peels off molecules and the effect is to self lubricate. The other bonus is that cleaning is a snap. Basically just wipe the piece down and run a rod down the barrel with a patch and you're done. But because of the shiny finish, I preferred to keep the NP3 on the inside. The ROGARD is just as good and it's a nice flat black.

My gunsmith, http://www.gun-doc.com/ has always recommended Meprolights as being longer lasting, brighter and less expensive than Trijicons. I almost always put yellow on the rear and a bright green dot on the front so I won't mistake one of my rear sights for the front. It's a nice contrast for these older eyes, too.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Meprolights as being longer lasting, brighter and less expensive than Trijicons.
I don't know, I have a set of 18 year old Trijicons that are still quite bright, Meprolight states up to 15 years of usable light. I know from experience that Meprolights are no brighter than Trijicons, they are sometimes less expensive.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
From the reports of local PD officers, they seem to prefer the Trijicon's for durability and longevity.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
rocky said:
From the reports of local PD officers, they seem to prefer the Trijicon's for durability and longevity.
Ahhh well....I think a lot of that has to do with effective advertising and departmental contracts for the equipment. Very few street cops or administrators for that matter are "into" their firearms enough to really get involved in the small details of such things.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
What is "munitiae"?
Is it a variation of minutiae?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
OD said:
What is "munitiae"?
Is it a variation of minutiae?
HUH? What on earth are you talking about? Hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
742 Posts
On Meps, it is not the fire that fails, it is the cheep plastic lens they use that gives a poor image. There is a reason the Meps are cheeper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts