Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, one of my goals for the new year was to buy a lever action .357.

Guess what was under the tree for me this year? A virtually new Marlin 1894C! 9+1 rounds of .357, only two barely visible blemishes on the woodwork, you have to use the glare of the light to see them... not really visible to normal viewing.

I traded it for an old M700 ADL .30-06 that was in about 80% condition and that I haven't shot in over 10 years... +$50. So, it wasn't litterally "under the tree"... but it was my Christmas present to myself, and had the wife's blessing.

HAPPY HAPPY ME!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can find the USB cable for my camera.

tank

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good move - presents to self still count! :smile:

My Marlin is 44mag and my 357 is Win - the latter being a tad on short side for barrel length but - there is something about levers n'est pas!. Love em.

Pics mandatory once USB found :wink:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I posted these on the "Christmas" thread, but it's buried on page 5... so I figured I might as well finish my own thread.

My new M1894 and her sisters:

EDIT: Sorry, had trouble with the attachments...

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Nice Tank Soldier

And no firearm looks better with a few honest character marks than a nice lever action. Great pics thanks for putting them up.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx for the pics :smile:

A lever just looks so - well - so - wonderfully American !

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't it though? :)

I'm really happy with it. Seems a new Marlin 1894 retails for $600-$650... I got it for the equivelent of about $350. Yay!

Now I have to go shoot it and write up a range report...

P95Carry said:
Thx for the pics :smile:

A lever just looks so - well - so - wonderfully American !

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
:confused: You got rid of a 700? Well atleast ya got something nice in exchange. :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts