Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for various reasons my wife decided about a week ago that she wanted a shotgun for the house. This coming from my wife who asks why I need so many guns. I'm not going to let the opportunity pass. So it's a firearms kind of Christmas this year. :santaclaus:

Rem 870 express mag, Blackhawk NRS stock and slide, truglo fiberoptic sights, Fenix O light, and cut the barrel down to 18.5". She has shot a fullsize 870 with that stock, but wants me to shoot it first with the shorter barrel. The lanyard is on the light because that is my carry light. Going to buy another one ASAP. I like it so far. Now to get out and shoot it a bit.

Weight is an issue so I opted out of the magazine extension. I may look into a power pack for the stock so the weight of extra shells is on the stock side. It's front heavy for her. She needs to get out and shoot it more. Going to order some Federal LE low recoil shells soon. Probably go with #4 buck. It will give her more leway in POI. Might look into a pressure pad for the light too. don't want to overcomplicate it though.

Makes me feel better that she can really take care of business now when I am at work. I work nights so it's a concern for us. :comeandgetsome:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
A VERY Merry Christmas, indeed!:hand10:
A great HD weapon for both of you...nice purchase.:yup:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
You're a lucky man; I'm still waiting for my wife to convert. Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've always had guns, she's never had an issue with it. I've started carrying regularly this year. I think the exposure has increased her interest. That and more than the normal stupid criminal junk going on around town. The home invasion bug has caught on around here too. She's even talking about getting her CCP next year. :image035: The biggest influence was that 911 call of the lady in OK. After that she told me that she wanted a shotgun. Not asked, TOLD. lol

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Sweet christmas present n ;-)
H/D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts