Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this christmas i finally got the coin together to buy myself the present i have wanted for 3 years now... A springfield 1911 mil-spec. I can't carry as i will not be of age untill october, but my father believes that i should so much, that he has offer to foot the bill for my class(gotta love that :image035: )

Well here are some AMATUER photos i took of her. She's parkarized and wears a set of wood grips made for me by my girlfriends grandpa since i prefer the smooth over checkered grips.

i haven't gotten the chance to bag it in and see exactly where the sights are but without that i was keeping the bullets on a 6" circle at about 15 yards using WWB. Shot 100 rounds with no malfunctions, went back that night with a friend and fired 50 rounds of some military ball with the same amount of success. once i get settled on a good defensive load i will start practicing with that, i think i am leaning toward federal efmj's, but who knows.....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's the same gun my father-in-law got for Christmas from his wife. How un-American is he?? He got 100 rounds with it and hasn't shot it once.

I think I'll just have to take it out and give it love. Anyone want to come??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i was in Idaho, believe me i would buy all the ammo just to get out and shoot. now that im back at college it kind of a hastle to get to the range and i would love somewhere in the country to shoot. but i look at it and just want to shoot, so i guess to the range i will go.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Bud White said:
Congrats i got 2 new Guns i got to go out and shoot myself yet hopefully tuesday
Bud that was funny!:haha:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow i just realised what he said, that is hilarious. :congrats:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Love to see the range report on that one...

"Ow, ow ow... ow." :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts