Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I do, it works, it's expensive but the best recoil reducer I ever found was using low recoil Federal LE rounds.....Huge difference in kick. My little wife can shoot those without any issue at all from a Stoeger Coach gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I purchased a Mossberg 500 with the two barrels, pistol grip and plastic stock. Was going to build me a tactical shotgun. I had a bunch of 3" magnums in all types from #7, 0 buck, 00 buck and slugs. I put the pistol grip on and took it out to the range and fired off a few rounds and it kicked like a mule. I put a sling on it and a green laser. Sighted it in with a bore sighter and then would shoot 25 and 50 yards from the waist, using the sling to push the gun down and away and sighting with the laser. I could put rounds all day inside a 9 inch paper plate...but the kick was still terrible with magnum rounds. I tried it with the standard stock and it just was brutal...so I ordered a Mesa Stock and it took over two months to get it. Mean while I went on line to a number of forums and folks were raving about the Federal Low Recoil rounds so I bought 100 slugs and 50 00 buck. Man, what a difference. I could shoot my Mossberg without dreading the 5th shot....So I was very satisfied with change in ammo....all the while I was secretly hoping that the stock ( which is about 300.00 ) was going to make it shoot like a .410. Well, it finally came in and I got it on and guess what....I didn't notice much difference. My opinion. If you're going to shoot magnums, the stock would make a huge difference, but I was already shooting low recoil shells and honestly there wasn't much difference with or without the stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.