Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
"...lost to gun violence."

Horrible story but it was a murdering thug not the gun that was responsible.

Prayers to the family.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
AARGH. News like that makes me crazy. It's why I'm not a LEO (thank you to those of you who are).:mad:

Prayers for the family.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Very sad. What a terrible loss for that family. Even worse that his young son was the one who had to react and call police.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have got to wonder if he was not targeted for his recent gun purchase...

Tragic...simply tragic.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Speechless.......

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
AARGH. News like that makes me crazy. It's why I'm not a LEO (thank you to those of you who are).:mad:

Prayers for the family.
this is one reason why I am a LEO.....I want to try to get as many thugs like this off the street that I possibly can

horrible situation, I feel so sorry for that kid and what he will endure psychologically in years to come, really hits home since my boy is 6

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Anyone, anywhere, anytime.

In this case gun registration paperwork literally contributed to getting a man killed.

- :(

"What started out as a typical day of running errands..." - ABC12.com

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have got to wonder if he was not targeted for his recent gun purchase...

Tragic...simply tragic.
i thought the same thing when i read it. had he told someone he had purchased a gun? is that what they were looking for?

the poor kid having to walk into that scene. bless him for keeping a cool enough head to call 911 and get his grandmother involved.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It might not have. But CC isn't about guaranteeing anything. It's about giving yourself or your loved ones a chance. He didn't get that chance.
You put it better than I think I could have.

This story disgusts me. A 7 year old boy left fatherless, but if not for the red tape and the legalities of obtaining a CWP, it might have ended differently.

This is yet another argument for states to adopt a Vermont or Alaska style carry law. If you can legally possess it, you should be able to legally carry it.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
In this case gun registration paperwork literally contributed to getting a man killed.
Absolutely. But of course, the media will spin one side about "gun violence" while totally ignoring the fact that bureaucratic red tape left him defenseless.

And if I may point out, it did so because he was a law-abiding citizen who was merely obeying the rules.

I'm not saying that he would have necessarily been armed at the moment, but he could have.

We'll never hear that side of the story.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I dont even know how to express how sad stories like this are & to know that he was so close to being able to possibly making the ending different is depressing...Thank god the child wasn't harmed as well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts