Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this one out:
NEW YORK — Filmmaker Michael Moore's (search) bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.

Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident.

Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

Ha-Ha

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
[sarcasm]Of course Mr. Moore only needed an armed body guard because after his anti-liberty rants that were potrayed as documentaries, he was threatened. If it hadn't been for the evil, threatening gun owners he wouldn't have required the services of an armed body guard.

So you see it's the gun owner's fault.[/sarcasm]

I haven't checked but that is probably expressed somewhere.:p

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Scott, that was a great representation of Catch 22 / false logic that plagues the anti-gun population. I wish he would crawl back underneath the rock he came out from and leave Law Abiding America alone.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
APachon said:
Scott, that was a great representation of Catch 22 / false logic that plagues the anti-gun population. I wish he would crawl back underneath the rock he came out from and leave Law Abiding America alone.
Isn't it though.

I was told last night that this guy was not currently employed by Mr. Moore. He had been in the past. evidently Mr. Moore has two armed body guards when he is out and about.

-Scott-

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ironically...

the fellow was employed by Gavin DeBecker - a security consultant to "the stars". DeBecker wrote a very good book entitled "the Gift of Fear" which I highly recommend - but one thing he said in the book that clanged in my head was people should not rely upon a firearm for personal protection. I guess the point being - he would much rather you hire one of his people to do that for you.

Sorry Gavin, I'll provide for my own defense. And I'll make darn sure of the law before I carry it (unlike your "trained professional").

1 - 8 of 8 Posts