Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purwater and I were talking the other day, you have the Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP and the Sig P238 among others. Wonder if Glock will jump on board and make a similar size pistol. We both agree we would buy one if they did. What do you think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Purwater and I were talking the other day, you have the Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP and the Sig P238 among others. Wonder if Glock will jump on board and make a similar size pistol. We both agree we would buy one if they did. What do you think?
If the public wants it, Glock will ignore it and never build it ...

·
Registered
189 Posts
They could make a killing with a pocket Glock (no pun intended). I agree, we'll probably never see one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What a great idea!

I think we should start a design contest and design it for them. Glock can take the winning design are work from there!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I also think a single stack 9mm would be a big seller.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think GLOCK sell about all they can make of what they now offer............

So; a smaller GLOCK is not in the works at this time, that would be my opinion.

·
Registered
10,970 Posts
Glock's reputation has been built on reliability.

The smaller you make a pistol, the tighter the tolerances, and the more finicky it tends to be. This seems to be particularly true with 9mm and above - too much recoil energy to try and tame in a small, light gun. I have personal experience with two Kahr PM9's to back this observation up.

If Glock could make a small, light single stack 9mm + pistol that lived up to its reliability standards, I'm sure they would have. Not sure if the physics are possible.

Lots of issues reported with PM9s, PM40s, and PM45s. Rohrbaugh R9s are picky about ammo, and beat their recoil springs to death in only 200 rounds. I just don't think Glock has anything to gain by trying to make a reliable pistol this small.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
The Glock's 26 & 36 already fill a bill...I don't expect competition with a mini-mini...OMO

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have siad before I would love a single stack 5 + 1 to shorten height, KT PF9 thin, and maybe 1/2" less length, in 9mm. That is the perfect pocket gun to me. I sent an email to KT and they said not possible due to physics and material... I don;t want to to be changing springs every 200 rds I know that, that'd be at least couple times a year...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd jump on that one in a heartbeat!! You hear me GLock?
This is falling on Deaf ears. Most of us would buy asingle stack 9 or 40,or a little bitty anything that Glock would choose to make. Like the man said , "Glock sells everything they make". Bummer:mad:
You Guys and Dolls Stay Safe................J.H.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
An ultra-sub-compact Glock? I heard they went to Willie Wonka with this in the early 90's......chocolate Glocks melt in your pocket by the way. If you really want a Glock for your pocket, maybe it could be hidden better some other way?
http://www.moviebadgirls.com/capimage/Black_Angel_2_27.JPG

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think we should start a design contest and design it for them. Glock can take the winning design are work from there!
Let me go first :)

There you go, done. Seriously how much can you chop a Glock down till its so small you cant use it effectively ? Do we need a smaller Glock ? or nay pistol for that matter.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I think I found the answer to my own question...

The Glock 25 and 28 (.380 ACP) do not qualify for import, because they do not score enough "points" on the ATF's arbitrary system.

In order to be eligible for import, a gun must score at least 75 points, based on the following criteria:

Length: 1 point for each 1/4 inch over 6 inches.
Forged steel frame: 15 points
Forged HTS alloy frame: 20 points
Unloaded weight (w/mag): 1 point per ounce.
.22 short or .25 auto: 0 points
.22 LR and 7.65 mm to .380 auto: 3 points
9mm parabellum and over: 10 points
Locked breech mechanism: 5 points
Loaded chamber indicator: 5 points
Grip safety: 3 points
Magazine safety: 5 points
Firing pin block or lock: 10 points
External hammer: 2 points
Double action: 10 points
Drift adjustable target sight: 5 points
Click adjustable target sight: 10 points
Target grips: 5 points
Target trigger: 2 points.

The Glocks, because of their short barrels, polymer frames, low weights, small caliber, etc, do not score high enough.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have siad before I would love a single stack 5 + 1 to shorten height, KT PF9 thin, and maybe 1/2" less length, in 9mm. That is the perfect pocket gun to me. I sent an email to KT and they said not possible due to physics and material... I don;t want to to be changing springs every 200 rds I know that, that'd be at least couple times a year...
You mean something like this?

Don't know how thin it is, but it weighs a ridiculously light 7.1 ounces.

Tactical-Life.com MICROTECH Archangel 9mm

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I agree with 10th mtn after lousy luck with Keltecs, Kahr PM9, Ruger LCP, Micro Desert Eagle. I finally resigned myself to a S&W 642 for deep concealment in the summer with a Smart Carry holster and a G26 for the rest of the year ... unless I feel like carrying my G19 at 3:30 with a Side Armor IWB holster.

These guns ALWAYS go 'bang' and that counts more to me than anything else, like comfort and convenience. You just can't have it all it seems ...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
orangevol answered the question, Glocks are imports. Unless they open shop in the US, no go on a tiny pistol. Whether they want one or not.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts