Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there (mostly in hot climates), have any experience with these under armour tank tops for IWB CCW? I've been thinking about taking a trip out to Wally to check them out.

I carry a Glock 21 in a C-TAC whick is a closed decision! I currently use cotton wife-beaters as undershirts, but when I move to FL, I just can't see that continuing.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! - Oh and I did do a search. Couldn't find a thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought three Sam's Club underarmor-clone Tshirts that were advertised as "Moisture and Odor Management Tshirt"s. They were absolutely correct in their advertising. It was an extremely hot day, and I tend to sweat alot anyways, but I stayed pretty cool as the shirt just wicked away any moisture and odor...
The people that I work with, were not as pleased at the performance of my shirt, wicking away my odor all over the office...

Now I only use them to run and exersize...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Odor is the main problem with the synthetic materials in my experience, as well.

I haven't found anything that beats the wife-beater cotton shirts :yup:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
I use underarmor shirts. they work great for wicking sweat away from ya.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I use Nike microfiber sleeveless tee's (not compression) and they work well....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I bought a few of these clone shirts at Wal-Mart and elsewhere to wear under my vest when I'm out working. They work great! When I'm done working, off comes the vest and I can wear the microfiber shirt tucked in with another shirt covering the holster or just pull out the microfiber shirt to use as the cover-up.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have an Underarmor and a Nike shirt of the same design. I wear them on days when I have a long outdoor assignment in hot weather. They work as advertised.

A normal cotton undershirt will get saurated with sweat when worn under body armor and will sometimes bunch up under the body armor, which is very uncomfortable. Not a problem with the UA and Nike shirts.

I'll look for the walmart brand.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
New Ones Out Now

Not sure of the name of the company.

They have ionized SILVER woven into the threads and the Silver kills the Bacteria AKA the Body Odor.

Big Help :blink: ...I Know...since I can't remember who is producing them but, something you might want to watch out for when you're shopping around.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My underarmor works great, but you'll smell like cat piss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm 6'2'' and 240 lbs with and average gut. I find the underarmor type shirts to be a bit uncomfortable. I wear the XXL but its still pretty snug on me making it uncomfortable. How are the rest of you guy making out with those shirts? Should I wear a size larger than I normally wear?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm 6'1"... I was 248lbs, now about 215lbs...

I bought the loose gear one about 2 yrs ago and was not too thrilled...

A few weeks ago I bought the tight fitting HEAT GEAR to wear under my other T-Shirts or work shirts....

I LOVE 'UM... I never thought I'd like the tight ones since I'm not a skinny guy... But they feel really good...

On that note... Once its time for bed it is a welcome feeling taking it off...

·
Registered
77 Posts
David III said:
Based on that, I am definitely reconsidering whether to purchase any.
Not trying to be cruel here, but I had the same problem with odor, then I changed from a liquid shower soap to good ol' bar soap ZEST, no more odor problem. And to further gross you out, my shirts stunk so bad that my cats wanted to piss on my shirts if I left them on the floor. Since switching to the bar soap, no odor problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know if any company makes a microfiber tank top? Not a sleeveless but a full tank-top. I usually wear t-shirts with a tank-top undershirt and would like to keep it that way. If not I might experiment with making one from a Walmart clone. Thanks.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I use the REI brand shirts, and they work very well. I use them when I bike, and run. For the $19 sale price they work very well.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
What do the shirts run at Walmart? Those I've seen at other stores on line were pretty pricey, though with the 112 degree temperature today in Vegas, I'm thinking that they wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I just bought another such shirt at Wal-Mart last week and it was $7.9x! I saw them there for $6 to $12 each.

The tank-top variety that I saw were "basketball" shirts, so a very long tail and were ~$12-15 IIRC.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts