Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jerry's infectious enthusiasm for all things guns and shooting is always fun.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
That was fun! Thanks for posting, bmcgilvray

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Super Moderator
16,342 Posts
Always love his videos.

·
Super Moderator
19,288 Posts
I do enjoy Jerry! And that K-22 Outdoorsman - what a catch!

My 17-3 dates from 1972 so it's only about 50 years old, but it's a gorgeous gun and a great shooter, even in my clumsy hands. Last winter when I was looking over the auction sites for a 10-shot 617, I indeed came across a couple of 617s with the aluminum cylinder Jerry mentions. I never knew they were pulled back, but the sellers knew they were rare by the prices they were asking.

·
Super Moderator
18,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I grow up I want to be like Jerry.

What a class act he seems to be too.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I'm a fan of S&W k-frame 22LR revolvers. I have two; a Model 17 and a Model 18. Both 4" and I really enjoy shooting those old things. One's a 1958, the other a 1983.

·
Super Moderator
18,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir Texas Red! You're the man!

Guess I'm more of a fan of the Smith & Wesson Model 17 K-22 Masterpiece I have than of any other handgun for I've shot far more rounds through it in the 40 years I've owned it than any other single handgun I have.
It's still shot most often. It goes along when I'm working with other handguns. Gotta go in there and clean it right now.

A few years back I had to add this handy 4-inch K-22 from the early 1950s to complement it. A lucky gun show find for a "deal."

I'm fairly opinionated and prejudiced, but these K-Frame Smith & Wesson models are the _ very _ best _ .22 caliber handguns _ on earth!

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
He is the epitamy of "good ole boy":)(y)

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Yes sir Texas Red! You're the man!

Guess I'm more of a fan of the Smith & Wesson Model 17 K-22 Masterpiece I have than of any other handgun for I've shot far more rounds through it in the 40 years I've owned it than any other single handgun I have.
It's still shot most often. It goes along when I'm working with other handguns. Gotta go in there and clean it right now.

A few years back I had to add this handy 4-inch K-22 from the early 1950s to complement it. A lucky gun show find for a "deal."

I'm fairly opinionated and prejudiced, but these K-Frame Smith & Wesson models are the _ very _ best _ .22 caliber handguns _ on earth!
I hope you're not expecting an argument from me, cuz I won't give you one on this subject.
;)

·
Super Moderator
19,288 Posts
I was happy to meet Jerry 2 years ago at my club's Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun Match. I recently found out that I buy my .45 bullets from his brother Donnie at Bayou Bullets! A couple of fine genetlemen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts