Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after shooting a whole bunch of other guns lately with some friends and doing a bunch of recent desert range sessions I came to the horrifying realization that I just do not like shooting my Glocks that much anymore because well...they feel awful in my hand (mine are all Gen 3's). Not sure why it has taken me years to realize this, probably a mix of things. So now I am in a quandary because I have three gen 3 Glocks, more mags than I can count, and tons of spare parts for gen 3 Glocks. Any suggestions? Move to Gen 4? Or try a different line altogether? (I have two 19's, one is for training and the other is for HD, and one 26 that I honestly don't carry much anymore.)

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
So, after shooting a whole bunch of other guns lately with some friends and doing a bunch of recent desert range sessions I came to the horrifying realization that I just do not like shooting my Glocks that much anymore because well...they feel awful in my hand (mine are all Gen 3's). Not sure why it has taken me years to realize this, probably a mix of things. So now I am in a quandary because I have three gen 3 Glocks, more mags than I can count, and tons of spare parts for gen 3 Glocks. Any suggestions? Move to Gen 4? Or try a different line altogether? (I have two 19's, one is for training and the other is for HD, and one 26 that I honestly don't carry much anymore.)
My G19 gen 4 rarely gets carried any more . My main EDC is the G17 gen 4. The G17 just fits my hand perfectly ( no back strap). I would experiment with the gen 4s. It might be time to go to a different firearm maker !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If your talking about a gun your going to carry for SD then I say who cares how it feels in your hand. What's important is how you shoot it and is it reliable and fit your needs in a SD situation.

Now if your talking range gun that you shoot for fun and it's not fun anymore then try something different. IMO the gen4 glocks don't feel noticeably different in regards to ergonomics.

Seems you have a lot invested into your glocks and would be expensive to start over.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your talking about a gun your going to carry for SD then I say who cares how it feels in your hand. What's important is how you shoot it and is it reliable and fit your needs in a SD situation.

Now if your talking range gun that you shoot for fun and it's not fun anymore then try something different. IMO the gen4 glocks don't feel noticeably different in regards to ergonomics.

Seems you have a lot invested into your glocks and would be expensive to start over.
It's a combination of both. I shoot them just fine in the sense that when I need to quickly put rounds on target I can do that. But in the sense of, do I enjoy shooting them? I have begun to realize that there are a lot of other firearms out there that feel better, are more comfortable, and more enjoyable to shoot during training and plinking at the range. Is it a huge deal? Nah, but its just something to think about. It's mainly the large rear grip hump, so I may just look at options for trimming that down.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have one glock and hope to be free from it soon. I just don't shoot it well and the blade in the middle of the trigger hurts my finger. Also it has been the least reliable pistol i have owned. It also tears ip my brass.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have one glock and hope to be free from it soon. I just don't shoot it well and the blade in the middle of the trigger hurts my finger. Also it has been the least reliable pistol i have owned. It also tears ip my brass.
Seriously? I'll give you a $1....... And no charge for relieving your agony.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Seriously? I'll give you a $1....... And no charge for relieving your agony.
Yes seriously it is a G29 i had to put a lone wolf barrel in it because it would split factory brass. I have shot other glocks and not had an ounce of trouble. But the trigger pull is stiff and the trigger safety really is sharp and does not get flush with the rest of the trigger.

I know i could file it down smooth or put a different trigger in it but i am done with it. Shoot my m&p and Hk much better. Going to try a 1911.

The biggest deal breaker is it tears up the brass on the mouth making it usless for reloading. Electronics Technology Electronic device Everyday carry Gadget

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
My 3rd Gen Glocks feel better with the finger grooves (protrusions) removed, Gen 2 style.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Gen 3 Glocks just don't work for me, but my carry is gen 4 Glock 19 most of the time. Try gen 4.

If you want a pistol with superior ergonomics, the Walther PPQ and H&K VP9 are the top contenders.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
That is very strange to have a mid-life crisis involving Glocks. Seriously. :rofl: I wonder why it took so long. :lolp:

Count to six (months) and see how you feel.
Mid life is a strange conundrum. You don't want to get caught schmoozing with a strange politician, a strange woman, or a strange gun.

or all of the above. :blink:

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sell them and buy something that fits your hand better. I've said it an many many many times glock is a decent weapon. It's not necessarily the best handgun for everybody (myself included). I believe a lot of people get caught up in the hype about glocks. It's real easy to do. They are everywhere, there are a million accessories for them, lgs push them, we even see them on tv in 9 out of every 10 cop shows. So it's only human to feel that they must be the greatest ever and I gotta have one. The only problem is there is no such thing as the perfect gun. They aren't for everybody. So my advice to you would be to find the right gun for you and buy it. If any tool is not comfortable to use there is to much chance that it will be left in the tool box and not used. Not so bad if your talking about a screwdriver but not good if it's a gun use use for self defense. As for the glocks sell em or put them in the safe. Either way it doesn't matter, as long as you are safe and comfortable with your self defense weapon.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The XD mod 2 grip is very nice. The transition from glock to the XD would be easy.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
at one time I was all Glocks, had 12, (down to five now) 1911s and revolvers, I divorced Glock a few years ago and all I carry now is HKs or Sigs and the faithful 1911s but it is a big $$$ difference, like you have a lots of mags and spare parts for the Glocks.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Every once in awhile I think Glock is not the best solution for me. I became intrigued with 1911s and bought a Colt Commander. Love the way it shoots, but don't love carrying it (yes, I have an excellent belt and holster - 2 of them). Then I got intrigued by the Sig P320, and still am. But at the end of the day, I find the Glock 19 and 26 carry easily, have great capacity, are uber reliable, and I shoot them minute of bad guy. Hard to justify the expense of adding in something new, including magazines, holsters, mag carriers, etc. If I win the lotto, I am sure I will buy a Sig P320, but in the meantime, I will stick with my Glocks.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I started down the Glock pathway mostly from shooting a friend's Glock and the popularity of the handguns. But decided on a Sig 320C for myself as my first handgun. Haven't looked back as I now have 6 SIGs--and no Glocks. Sure a matter of personal preference. But in the end. All that matters is that you are happy with the weapons you own.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts