Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I just posted about possibly getting a pistol with a longer barrel, but when I went to the store today to see what they had and how they felt, I found a used SR9C for a really good price. I never find good prices on used guns around here.
The only thing I'm not sure of is buying a used gun. I've only bought new before. Also it only comes with one mag for some reason. Still it's a good deal and I can use my 9E mags with it also. I think I'm going back tomorrow to see if it's still available and see what kind of deal they will give me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I still wish they would release a "pro" version of the SR9c. One without the loaded chamber indicator and manual safety. It is good gun though. Had one then gave it to my son.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I've had my SR9c (bought new) for almost 9 months. It has almost 1600 rounds through it, and it's a wonderful pistol. I even put a Galloway Precision guide rod assembly and striker indicator in it, not because of any functional improvement, but just because they dress up a great gun.

Being used, I'd make sure there's at least a 30 day warranty on it, then shoot the crap out of it during that time.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Had one years ago and it ran anything I put through it. Nice gun just not what I wanted at the time. As stated above, get a warranty for at least 30 days and go shoot it. Ruger stands behind their guns to new owners but I have no experence with used.
Let us know what you do, Frank.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I've never know Ruger to grouse over a legitimate warranty claim. Nor have they ever requested my receipt or warranty card. You my friend, IMHO, are...worry-free. :yup:

Reactions: OldChap and rja214

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Be on the lookout for light strikes that the SR series have a tendency for. It may not happen before you've put 1000 rounds down the tube or it may never happen with your particular gun, just watch for them. Other than that, they seem to be solid little pistols. Though as Halem said, I wish they would put out a version without the safety. I don't necessarily mind a safety, but not all of them are as easy to flick on and off mindlessly as a 1911.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
The SR9 is one of my favorite pistols. I have well over 15000 rounds thru mine. It has been thru several classes, and has performed very well. I replaced it as my EDC over 2 years ago, with a CZ PO7 which I love.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
GMC Sounds like a common sense purchase . Function and feel matches what you know already and you can use the mags and holster you have know .

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
The SR9C is a great striker pistol. Hope they make you a good deal.
NIB comes with 2 mags and a grip sleeve. Current online prices are $320-400.

The short 10 rd for CC and extended 17 rd as a spare or when at home.
I have no issues with the lci or the mag disconnect safety. Both can be removed easily if you so wish.
Just be sure to clean out the striker channel.
I have added Traction Grips and a metal striker indicator making it easier to see against the black plate
Airsoft Airsoft gun

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I've never know Ruger to grouse over a legitimate warranty claim. Nor have they ever requested my receipt or warranty card. You my friend, IMHO, are...worry-free. :yup:
THIS....Ruger has always had some of the best customer service in the industry. I sent my SR9C in because it was an early model and was, IIRC, subject to a recall. They paid both ways and the gun was back in less than 5 work days. You will like the SR. It has one of the best triggers of all pistols. Only good 1911s and other SA pistols are better. IMHO

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We'll, I knew the price was too good. I went back today and it was sold. I'm bummed. I guess I'll just keep my eyes out for another deal at another time now that I know my wife was ok with the purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts