Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received a Mika Holster recently?

I ordered mine in March and was told there was a 8-12 week wait time. We are now on week 26 and I have heard nothing. I have tried emailing Mika and got no response.

Not very happy at this point. I have tried sending one more email but after that I will be contacting paypal to file a complaint and get my money refunded.

Just looking for honest business and I dont feel that I have found that with Mika.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Have you contacted Bob Mika and asked about the status of the order? Something may have gone wrong...

Send him an e-mail and I assure you you'll get a prompt reply--here's his address:

[email protected]

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
He has always promptly responded to my e-mails. Try him again.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
He is a stand up guy...I had a problem with my order at first and he took care of it very promptly. May just be an honest mistake. Try contacting him again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got a reply after contacting Paypal...

HI,
I received notification that you posted a complaint with paypal. I just issued you a refund via paypal. Can you please advise them that this matter has been resolved. My apology for being so tardy with your order. I was really fooling myself that I could knock these holsters out in the time frame I quoted, especially with the flood of orders that came in after that article was published in American Handguner Magazine. It was mind boggeling. It was also totally unfair to my customers and as such I have become more realistic about the turn around time. At the end of the coming month the wait time is going up to 6-8 months plus a price increase will come into effect. By the end of this year I hope to be caught up with my backlog orders and then come back to a more reasonalbe wait time of 3-4 weeks.
Thanks,
R.Mika

·
Registered
989 Posts
Can't get more standup than that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mika Holsters

I can offer nothing but praise for how Robert Mika conducts his business. It's not often that you deal with an artisan/owner that exhibits this level of customer service.

I had a problem with an order (shipped the wrong size holster) but when this was brought to his attention via email there was an almost immediate response and another was sent out to me quickly with instructions to keep the one sent in error and give it to a friend.

I own both his square and round cut pocket holsters. Not only are they excellent (well-made, easy to draw from and will not pull out of the pocket along with the gun) products but you can count on Mika to do the right thing when it comes to his customers.

He's earned me as a customer for life. As soon as he works through the backlog, I'm hoping he expands the product line to IWB so I can buy another.

Mackster

·
Registered
121 Posts
......but after that I will be contacting paypal to file a complaint and get my money refunded.
LOL, about the only thing you are going to get from Paypal is YOUR ACCOUNT CANCELLED for making a gun related purchase. You know how anti-gun they are.

On a serious note, I have done business with Bob in the past and have only positive things to say about his attitude and business ethic.

I'm sure he will respond to your email and provide a status update. There are a million reasons why he might not be responding. Don't presume the worst for a guy that has a stellar reputation on the internet.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Finally got a reply after contacting Paypal...

HI,
I received notification that you posted a complaint with paypal. I just issued you a refund via paypal. Can you please advise them that this matter has been resolved. My apology for being so tardy with your order. I was really fooling myself that I could knock these holsters out in the time frame I quoted, especially with the flood of orders that came in after that article was published in American Handguner Magazine. It was mind boggeling. It was also totally unfair to my customers and as such I have become more realistic about the turn around time. At the end of the coming month the wait time is going up to 6-8 months plus a price increase will come into effect. By the end of this year I hope to be caught up with my backlog orders and then come back to a more reasonalbe wait time of 3-4 weeks.
Thanks,
R.Mika
Getting your money refunded for an order that was never filled was the least he could have done after 26 weeks of waiting. Everything he wrote in the above should have been sent to everyone on his backlog list with a simple apology for the delay.

If you still want one of his holsters it appears that you're now looking at a 6-8 month wait all over again (because your last order got cancelled) AND a price increase on top of that. :tired:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
He is a stand up guy. I ordered from him about a year ago. He quoted me a delivery date of about 2-3 weeks. He even called me on a saturday to confirm the details of the order. I had to go out of town after that and I didn't even think about it until about 6 weeks had passed.

I e-mailed him about the status of my holster. He replied that he had some personal issues and had misplaced my paperwork. He was very apologetic and sent me my holster within 3 days and refunded my money. When I contacted him about paying for my holster, he wouldn't hear of it.

I will gladly order from him again if I ever need another pocket holster.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've had nothing but good service from Mika's. The first holster took about 8 weeks, the second, ordered for my son, made it in 2 weeks! The man makes and excellent product. I have a third on order now.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Robert makes great holsters and is an honest person with good intentions but like a lot of holster makers, he isn't the best when it comes to business and staying organized.

I finally got my holster but it took a lot of emails, receiving orders that weren't mine, having to mail stuff back, hearing it is going to be done next week 3 times over 2 months etc......

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Like all quality holster makers, once the word gets out, the wait gets longer! But a Mika holster is worth the wait! :yup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the chance to e-mail him today to get details on the ordering of a holster even though I had the info from the forum. A friend of mine had told me that he had recently placed an order and would be getting it in a few weeks. I passed along the info from the site and he contacted him. They could not reach and agreement on the new time frame and he settled for another color holster that was in stock. I sent an e-mail because his web page was out of date about turnaround time. I received a reply promply but I feel his response will a bit arrogant. He went into some about the volume of orders but what bothered me was he made no indication about correcting the web page and worst of all he said there would be a price increase because that is what his holsters were worth. Some of these guys forget about the customer and more about themselves. I am not going to ever place and order with him. Period!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Introduction & Clarification

Greetings,
It was brought to my attention by one of my customers that it would be in the interest of all my prior customers to take a look at this posted thread and respond. First, I want to say thanks to all of those individuals who kind enough to speak highly enough of my services and products. I hope to in the very near future to make it so that there is a minimum delay in filling orders and I'm in the process of making adjustments to ensure these changes come about. I want to offer my most humble apology to those customers who have not received their orders in a timely manner. If any one of my customers do not feel that the wait is worth it, I will gladly refund their money, as stated on my web page. In response to the comment that I sound arrogant, here is the content of the e mail that I sent out today to the person in question.

Thanks,
R.C. Mika

That is only going to be a temporary time frame. I have to fill the back orders that I had received during the first four months of this year. When I do that I will lower it back down to 3-4 weeks. I have someone whom is helping me now , and as soon as I can build up inventory and fill up the back orders I have to give a time frame that would be fair to everyone. I was only fooling myself at the beginning thinking I could fill all those orders in 8-12 week, then 12-16 time frame. , especially with working another full time job as chief of police. It was not being fair to my customers and I was burning the candle at both ends so too speak to the point where I was sleeping only about 4 hours a night. Not good for anyone. Price increase will come into being because this holster is like no other and my holster is worth it. . It is the best on the market today as so many others have attested to. Just the plain facts, that is all. No more, no less. If you want the best, then go no further. If the time frame is not acceptable, I want to say thanks for at least considering my holster.
All the best,
R.MIka

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Cheese,
I think your e-mail was fine, not arrogant at all. I think your holsters are a bargain to begin with. Everyone is entitled to price increases, as costs increase. I wouldn't complain, if your holsters were twice the price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cheese,
Glad to hear that you've added staff to meet the demands of your growing business. You'll be out of the backlog in no time at all and able to focus on the product line. Hope people understand that that's a temporary issue.
What you've never lost sight of is the value proposition: a quality product and a focus on extraordinary customer satisfaction. Keep up the great work!
Love my round and square cut pocket holsters!
Mackster

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I've ordered from Mika, and waited... it was worth it. He even made a few custom alterations at my request and didnt charge me a dime extra. I love both of my Mika holsters, I use them both daily and recommend them often.

Arrogant? Please... what he wrote is called honesty.
Chief Mika is a very honest guy... a guy who tells it like it is. I appreciate a man who is blunt and understands that he is not here to kiss my backside, but to make me a no nonsense quality holster and a more than fair price. What more do you want?

Ticked about his price increase? So what... if he feels he should get more for his holsters let him try and get it. More power to you Mr. Mika. I'm sure you didnt start your side business to blow sunshine and loose money giving away holsters. I love the free market.

He is a busy man, and comes right out and says so. If you don't want to wait then don't. Uncle Mikes has a warehouse full of holsters just for you.

Reactions: OD*

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I was on the same waiting list as Sixto. It sounds like he has got alot busier sense the time I ordered mine. I was told 3 weeks and got it in 14 weeks. He is a honest man, I know that because he told me I didn't own him anything for it. I didn't want something for nothing, so I did pay him. He could do a better job getting back to people when there order is way over the estimated time. He makes a functional pocket holster at a good price, but I found that pocket carry was not for me, so I sold it. Now I can put some big CT grips on that 340to tame it a little bit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts