Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I'm Mike from Ohio.

I've joined this forum because I'm considering getting my CCW and researching everything to decide if it's the best thing for me and if so what type of handgun will best suit my situation.

I'm also a bit of a "prepper" and am also looking into options to better fit my situation and what I view as the most likely scenarios that I feel I need to be prepared for.

I acquired a Mini-14 this spring and although I like it, I'm not thrilled with it (I deam its accuracy to be barely adequate). When finances permit me to do so, I'm thinking of getting something more accurate, that uses AR compatible magazines. I'd then like to put a folding stock on the Mini and make it a trunk gun, which I think its better suited for.

I'm a former Army Infantryman and an old farm boy who grew-up hunting so I'm definitely not new go firearms.

However, I've never really used handguns that much. When it comes to rifles, frankly there is SO much on the market for the AR-15's these days that its overwhelming and I can't really tell a good one from a bad one.

SO, I'm doing my due diligence by reading up on things so I can make informed decisions.

ANY,how, Hi I'm Mike from Ohio lol.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Thanks for your service...:usa:

RET :31:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Uh oh. Another Mike in Ohio. Does this one make 1957? :smile:

Welcome Mike. (Search Mike1956 and you'll be in on the funny)

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Howdy, Mike, glad you're here.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Ohio eh? Heck, I can see your house from atop a Mississippi bluff. :wink:

Welcome from Iowa!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome from Cleveland, OH!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Star State and thank you for your service.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Ohioan.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Mike! Welcome! I'm Rich from NE Ohio and new to the forum too. Lots of good info and people here. I was 11 Bravo in the Army as well. Many thanks for your service to your country.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Warm greetings from The Great State of Texas. Welcome to D.C.com. Where the majority of its members strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and doing away with the infringements recklessly tied to it through history.

Texas, One of eight States that refuses to label college campuses, "Gun Free Zones." One of the few areas of our Nation which continues to allow it's gun owner's to carry more than an empty gun and one bullet in their pocket. In Texas, it is an everyday occurrence to see a horse tied to a post downtown with the owners loaded long gun hanging off the saddle and no one will touch it, other than it's owner. Okay, obviously one of the above three statements referring to Texas is not exactly true any longer.

Enjoy your time at D.C. .com. You are among good people here. :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
An Airborne Grunt (retired) welcomes you from Wisconsin, Mike!

·
Premium Member
38,994 Posts
I think we already have a Mike from Ohio. Sorry.
There is always room for another infantry farm guy named Mike from Ohio here. I think he'll work out OK once we get him behind a Glock or two and an AK.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts