Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a Sig 229 owner and a resident of Denver.

I work in the LE/Military world as a vendor/manufacturer of judgemental use-of-force simulators. Currently, we're looking at the CCW market. I'm tasked with a feaseability study for a simulator specific to CCW scenarios and SME courseware. Thought I'd register and learn a few things here.

Take care and stay safe...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Welcome, Rgr5280! You've come to the right place...lots of good stuff here :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Welcome Rgr5280

We're glad to have aboard.:unitedsta
It a great forum to be an active part of.
Join right in! You'll like it here. :smile:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome indeed Rgr - :smile:

I am sure we can learn from you by sound of it. Hop on and get saying your piece! :wink:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Interesting idea. I've taken several classes through Flight Safety in the airline industry.
Welcome

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome. I'm already enjoying the forums.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

The simulators sound like a great training aid - tell us more about them!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Betty...we build and sell use-of-force training simulators for the LE and Military. You can use live rounds on one version and lasers on another. We've been around a little over ten years.

We have a laptop version that's more affordable and, due to requests from the civilian sector, we're considering a CCW oriented simulator with video scenarios that respond to the fall of shot of a laser from your handgun. You shoot the screen and get a round in the hit zone and the video branches to a 'die' scene. We have an in-house video production crew that will film and edit the scenarios. Part of our concept is to select an SME and develop courseware ( I know this is a challenge as regs vary from state to sate) that we would include on the simulator. We may just focus on tactics and decision making.

The concept being to improve judgement and critical decision making, respond appropriatley to a threat, coach accordingly, etc.

We have a variety of perephials that we may or may not include. I could go on. Please feel free to ask any specific questions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll add that the scenarios will be multi-branching so the instructor can have the individual in the video pull a gun, a cell phone, comply, etc. The scenarios can be filmed with virtually any desired action.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum...your line of work and the products your company offers sounds very interesting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
srfl said:
Welcome to the forum...your line of work and the products your company offers sounds very interesting.
Thanks. The people you meet in the industry make it interesting...oh yeah...and the the guns of course :smile:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Not sure how I missed your post, but appears I did. Welcome to the forum! :smile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.