Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILLER: The illogic of Dianne Feinstein’s ‘assault weapons’ ban

By Emily Miller - The Washington Times, March 14, 2013, 11:18AM

The Senate Judiciary Committee passed Thursday Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s “assault weapons” ban by a straight party-line vote, despite Republican efforts to point out the obvious holes in the legislation.

The California Democrat’s bill — which prohibits 157 specific firearms, those with a single cosmetic feature she thinks is scary looking and standard magazines that have over 10 rounds — applies to all Americans except current and retired law enforcement officers. She believes this one class is able to use the firearms for self defense.

Read more: MILLER: The illogic of Dianne Feinstein?s ?assault weapons? ban - Washington Times

Feinstein wants to allow active & retired law enforcement (but not Judges or Prosecutors) to have the "banned Guns" but not active & retired Military because they might have PTSD. What kind of logic is that?

She may have been in the Senate 20 years, but it is waaaaaay past time for her to go.

Other Miller Pro 2A articles linked from the above article.

PS - Here is a link to another article that has her speech to the VCDL last week.
Watch here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2013/mar/5/video-emily-miller-speech-virginia-citizens-defens/

·
Registered
119 Posts
This bill she is pushing for wont pass the floor due to the fact that its GOP majority. I doubt anything from this will push through. She's even admitted that she's gonna have a rough time getting this to pass

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
She is a communist. They want to conquer this country from the inside.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
She's been waiting for the "right time" to introduce this legislation, ever since her original AWB expired in 2004. She obviously feels this is her "right time." If the bill doesn't pass after such a huge tragedy as Newtown, she probably feels she may not get another chance.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
It's a good thing that was written by Emily Miller. When I first read the headline, I thought it was going to be by Dennis Miller. Whew!!

Fienstein is an idiot. A dangerous idiot with a soapbox, but an idiot nonetheless.

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
It's far past time for Feinswine to retire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crook

It's far past time for Feinswine to retire.
Fxxx her and the rest of the congress hypocrites that have armed bodyguards with guns that have more that 10 shots per mag when the sXXX hits the fan.. look at the Regan videos when he was shot. The Hell with the Crooks in Washington...Let FREEDOM RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
She likes to push a prohibition and play god of exemption to the prohibition. She's in with officers of the law - her familiars. Officers of the court or military are not. She's a piece of work. No, she doesn't get my vote.

Reactions: Doghandler

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you look up the word 'MORON' in Wikipedia, I think you just might see a picture of Mrs. Feinstein next to the definition.........

·
Registered
387 Posts
And she claims to be reasonably well educated...

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Anyone ever heard her, or any of these other anti-gunner politicians, explain their understanding of "shall not be infringed" in public, without resorting to the explanations of others (ie, SCOTUS's attempts)?

It would be nice to find at least one cogent, intelligent explanation ... even if it happened to be merely incorrect. I'd like to hear something from them that isn't wholly insupportable as rationale. "Because SCOTUS didn't say we couldn't," IMO, doesn't cut it.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
That kind of exemption is exactly why private businesses should refuse to serve LEO's - even if you buy into the foolishness of LEO's needing special weapons, retired LEO's no longer have any reason to have weapons banned for other civi's; just goes to show it is simply pandering to a specific group of people.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
That kind of exemption is exactly why private businesses should refuse to serve LEO's - even if you buy into the foolishness of LEO's needing special weapons, retired LEO's no longer have any reason to have weapons banned for other civi's; just goes to show it is simply pandering to a specific group of people.
... and, it seems to me, ignoring the constitutional requirement of equal protection under the law.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Pistology is spot on. Without the Bill of Rights we would not be able to challenge the status quo, the "officers of the law. "

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I believe Senator John Cornyn is making a mistake in attempting to propose amendments to the ban bill he also will be proposing amendments when the bill goes to the Senate for a vote. I vote for all or nothing at all. Either these weapons are "evil" or they are not which means they are banned outright for all. The fact the Senator Feinstein will allow a certain class of people to have them shows that her bill is personal and not for the children/public safety.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts