Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Ashley/Big Dot sights on my glock 23 a year ago, but was never happy with the accuracy past 7 yards (the rear sight is a shallow 'V' like an express rifle sight), though they are very fast at 5 yds. (which is kind of a moot point, since thats within index firing range).

Anyway, last week I put on a Novak halfmoon rear and got to test them at the range today. By putting the center of the dot in the middle of the circle formed by the half moon I got much better results. A-zone head shot on an IPSC target we no problem with about .5 to .7s split transition from 2 to 3 shots to COM.

I did not have time to go further out, but I'drecommend the setup, particularly if you have problems picking up a traditional front sight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soon as I find my digi cam I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Does this particular Novak have a dot at six o'clock or is it a plain sight? I've seen the half ghost with a tritium dot in an older Brownell's, and have been thinking of giving it a try on a Wilson. I'm fairly sure the Wilson rear uses the same cut, and I cannot stand 3 dot sights.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is plain black. The Big Dot has a tritium center.

When I ordered the sight from Novaks I just told them it was for a Glock...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts