Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Where do you see my "emotions" or "judgement" being anywhere near next to being clouded by merely posting a pic and a link from where it came? C'mon now!

The picture was debunked very soon after it was posted, yet you posted it with the commentary "A picture is worth a thousand words." I took that as your judgment being clouded by the disgust many of us experience after seeing the video (which is understandable).

A couple of days ago a church that was suing the state and defying corona virus restrictions was torched, and some messages had been spray painted on the church parking lot. My initial reaction was anger, because I'm against the lock down and the actions fit my anti-lock down bias. I was going to post the article here, but then I stepped back, as something just didn't pass the smell test. So I did not post the article (but it was posted by another member). The investigation is still ongoing, and I'm still skeptical.

When I first saw the image you posted, I thought "Holy crap!" But then I thought "That's too convenient." Sure enough, after a quick search, I discovered the picture was just part of a false narrative.

There are those that just want to divide us, and they try to turn embers into conflagrations. It's up to us to take a breather before we re-post information that is inflammatory.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Looks bad, especially for Chauvin.

I think we can expect manslaughter charges.

After the past 6 years of police misconduct in killing unarmed black men, this incident is just inexplicable.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The picture was debunked very soon after it was posted, yet you posted it with the commentary "A picture is worth a thousand words." I took that as your judgment being clouded by the disgust many of us experience after seeing the video (which is understandable).

A couple of days ago a church that was suing the state and defying corona virus restrictions was torched, and some messages had been spray painted on the church parking lot. My initial reaction was anger, because I'm against the lock down and the actions fit my anti-lock down bias. I was going to post the article here, but then I stepped back, as something just didn't pass the smell test. So I did not post the article (but it was posted by another member). The investigation is still ongoing, and I'm still skeptical.

When I first saw the image you posted, I thought "Holy crap!" But then I thought "That's too convenient." Sure enough, after a quick search, I discovered the picture was just part of a false narrative.

There are those that just want to divide us, and they try to turn embers into conflagrations. It's up to us to take a breather before we re-post information that is inflammatory.
I get it and agree. Good points! Previous post deleted. :vs_cool:

What is not "too convenient" however, is the video footage of George Floyd on the ground, pinned near a vehicle with a white officer's knee in his neck cutting off his circulation which was a major factor in his death. The video shows that officer was clearly indifferent to George Floyd's cries and pleas to be let up so he could breathe. Regardless of what took place prior to that event, that officer's actions were unjustifiable, indefensible and criminal at best no matter how the establishment tries to spin the narrative against George Floyd and in favor of that officer or the police department going forward.

I'll be watching:

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I get it and agree. Good points! :vs_cool:
Regardless of what took place prior to that event, that officer's actions were unjustifiable, indefensible and criminal at best no matter how the establishment tries to spin the narrative against George Floyd and in favor of that officer or the police department going forward.
In this case, I don't see "the establishment" trying to spin anything, as everyone I've heard is calling for a investigation into the actions of the officer...and maintaining he was in the wrong.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So in the minds of the mayor and the police chief they are guilty, no investigation, no trial just automatically guilty. What happened to due process or is it just trial by media. I would want an investigation as to what lead up to Floyd having to be restrained not a short clip that does not show the full story.
This is little more than speculation, but I suspect that by firing the officers they are no longer under compulsory compliance with department regulations that would require providing detailed statements regarding the incident or use of force. That would be an early step in potentially mitigating the probable lawsuit(s) and federal civil rights investigation to be expected. At some future time the individual officers involved may be entitled to either civil service proceedings or union grievance proceedings (or both) because of their terminations without much in the way of administrative proceedings, but a wall of sorts now exists that may afford some protections for the brass and political entities.

Enough speculation. A tragic incident for which there can be no positive outcome.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
This is what we get when the best and brightest do not want to wear the badge anymore.
I know it is a blanket statement and there are still many fine officers.
The police departments are all now run by politicians with agendas.
The cops are caught in the middle of upholding the law and appeasing their social justice bosses
You are going to see more of this in the future as the cops get more defensive and the the citizens also do
Each side distrusts the other
That is the problem we have become balkinized from the police.
When I was young the cops and the people were in this together against crime.
Not so much now.
I pray for all those involved in this mess. Those who lost a loved one, and those who have to live with their actions.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
This is what we get when the best and brightest do not want to wear the badge anymore.
I know it is a blanket statement and there are still many fine officers.
The police departments are all now run by politicians with agendas.
The cops are caught in the middle of upholding the law and appeasing their social justice bosses
You are going to see more of this in the future as the cops get more defensive and the the citizens also do
Each side distrusts the other
That is the problem we have become balkinized from the police.
When I was young the cops and the people were in this together against crime.
Not so much now.
I pray for all those involved in this mess. Those who lost a loved one, and those who have to live with their actions.

I have a son who's now 30 but when he graduated from college he applied to the Baltimore police force. He was clean cut, no record at all, passed all the tests, great physical shape, had a CC license, polite and friendly.

He was rejected because he "wasn't what they were looking for". At the time he was pretty disappointed but it was a blessing in disguise. About a year or so later, during the Obama administration, the multiple police assassinations began.

Anyway, he moved to Denver and is regional manager for an upscale outdoor clothing company. He's doing well and loves his job.

Big city police forces get what they seek out.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The cop who kneeled on Floyd’s neck and killed him has been with Minneapolis PD for 19 years. He’s had 10 misconduct complaints and has been involved in three shootings.

Is this out of the norm for a 19 year career? So is he an anomaly with what seems like a checkered past, or is this about average?

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
The force continuum is an evolutionary place and righteousness may not be available to everyone. May the Gods of Achilles have mercy on your soul.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Dr Baden hired by family just said his autopsy findings is that Floyd was asphyxiated and probably died at scene. Muddy waters. DA pressured to bring high charges, but that is a huge risk of a failed case so they charged lesser that have a better case to prove.

Geez, the governor/mayor changed the sunday road curfew sunday from 8pm to 5pm. 20 minutes before 5 pm. That tanker trucker comes across the mass protest over "closed" highway bridge and miraculously doesn't hit anyone, he gets pulled out and beaten. Most headlines say he plowed into thousands in the crowd. what liars who are gaslighting the situation, he hit nobody. If that was his mission he would have easily run over dozens and kept going. The crowd reported him revving engine? that was downshifting? and jake brake. He did well stopping truck avoiding someone who did fall down getting out of the way, and not jackknifing.

me? i stayed home in the burbs on my lake, grilling up steak and chicken for a few damsels in distress, oh while an AR 300BO pistol slung over my back just in case :)

·
Registered
5,633 Posts

·
Registered
10,180 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Wait until the union gets them all rehired until they can receive due process for termination. Back pay and all.
Which is what should happen. There are procedures in place to handle these situations that give fair process to officers in case of bogus charges. It's not hard to follow the rules and do things right. It prevents what happened in Broward County from occurring.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Which is what should happen. There are procedures in place to handle these situations that give fair process to officers in case of bogus charges. It's not hard to follow the rules and do things right. It prevents what happened in Broward County from occurring.
Police Unions should be abolished. Just one persons opinion ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
A few former LEO's I know who saw the video work out of my LGS, and said that more training is required. It's not so much technique as it is the application of. Comparing all states, they have different protocol's for restraining people.

There are bad people in every occupation. I've heard even ex-SEALs speak about it on podcasts. Just because you wear a uniform doesn't mean you can do whatever. We all know that.

What really pissed me off though involves perspective. There is no reason on earth these "protestors" should get the attention they do. Look at things statistically. The 150 or 200 people do not really represent most. Ppl should not be allowed to go out and tear stuff up. For every bad cop story, one can find another story from the "other side".

Anyone want to comment on this? Why wasnt this all over the news...

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/05/31/somali-rioters-demand-release-of-fmr-cop-that-killed-white-woman-who-called-911-in-2017-928170

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Yeah, but when the violation is so clear-cut and serious, no reason to wait and lots of reasons not to.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts