Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just caught a short news statement about Minnesota firearm purchases. FBI said Minnesota CCW requirements are thorough enough to meet FBI background check that CCW holders won't be required to have a background check on purchases. Anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can't say for sure about Minnesota, but that's the way it is in Arkansas and several other states. I've had my CCL for about 10 years and haven't had a background check run on a purchase since I got it. Just fill out paper work and show card.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your current permit to carry is due for renewal after Aug 1 2019 it satisfies the background check requirement.

P.S. There is no "CCW" in Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Cross one more river and you're in the land of 10,000 POUNDS. (Everyone here weighs 10,000 pounds, especially the wimmen...) :redface:
Out-drinking all the other states and eating cheese will do that to a group of people. :bier:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just caught a short news statement about Minnesota firearm purchases. FBI said Minnesota CCW requirements are thorough enough to meet FBI background check that CCW holders won't be required to have a background check on purchases. Anyone else hear this?
If your current permit to carry is due for renewal after Aug 1 2019 it satisfies the background check requirement.
These are both true. The ATF hasn't announced it yet but they plan to later this week. https://www.rocketffl.com/minnesota-handgun-carry-permit-now-alternative-nics-background-check/

·
Registered
210 Posts
They should do this in Oregon...
Ive purchased 4 firearms since I have been here.... would have saved me $40.00

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Cross one more river and you're in the land of 10,000 POUNDS. (Everyone here weighs 10,000 pounds, especially the wimmen...) :redface:
Anyone ever wonder why the Packers don't have cheerleaders?
:danceban:

MI CPL also qualifies as your NICS check, as it is a more extensive bgc. MI actually has different pistol purchase paperwork (easier) if you have a CPL.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
These are both true. The ATF hasn't announced it yet but they plan to later this week. https://www.rocketffl.com/minnesota-handgun-carry-permit-now-alternative-nics-background-check/
"The Minnesota Handgun Carry Permit exemption is ONLY for a NICS background check exemption for FFLs – it is not an exemption for the Minnesota state law which still requires a seperate Minnesota Permit to Purchase handguns."

Just so it's clear, if one has a Minnesota permit to carry, they do NOT need the permit to purchase. Those without the carry permit, do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"The Minnesota Handgun Carry Permit exemption is ONLY for a NICS background check exemption for FFLs – it is not an exemption for the Minnesota state law which still requires a seperate Minnesota Permit to Purchase handguns."

Just so it's clear, if one has a Minnesota permit to carry, they do NOT need the permit to purchase. Those without the carry permit, do.
Thank you for clearing that up.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
We have that in Ohio....still one LGS still insists on doing the NICS BGC, they are also going out of business.....oh well. But it is nice because I just stop at my FFL and pick up my guns. He has all of the information and no need to sit there for 30 minutes waiting in line like the past few purchases.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Plenty of cheese and sausage gravy. And beer, beer, beer ! :smile:

EDIT: And brats. I forgot brats...
Unfortunately coronary heart disease goes hand in hand with that diet!:blink:

Reactions: PhaedrusIV
1 - 19 of 19 Posts