Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend in the Washington Missouri area who want to take the Missouri CCW course. An internet search showed no one in that area offering that course. Any one here know of something in that area?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I saw that site but did not see anyone in the Washington Mo area.

·
Registered
9,049 Posts
With respect to all the people on that list, I most strongly recommend Paul Bastean at the link below. He is a Sgt. with the Lake St. Louis PD and their armorer and firearms instructor. As you can see on his website, he has every qualification in the book. He is also a nice guy and great instructor. I took my CCW class from him over 10 years ago and it was great. He teaches in St. Peters, which would be a 53 minute drive from Washington, but that is do-able for two days and its's worth it.

Paul Bastean | Ultimate Defense Firing Range & Training Center in St. Peters, Missouri

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Well, I can't help you out specifically, Gaius, but I happen to have handy, a copy of a typical Missouri CCW class syllabus.

Missouri CCW Class

- Don't do anything that gives cause for the Sheriff to mention your name in ill light.

Interstate travel and road signs

- how to give folks with Iowa plates the weasel eye
- shooting at "No Fish'n" signs and other existential dilemmas

Weird Cousins

- you are one

Hope this helps. :image035:

·
Registered
423 Posts
With respect to all the people on that list, I most strongly recommend Paul Bastean at the link below. He is a Sgt. with the Lake St. Louis PD and their armorer and firearms instructor. As you can see on his website, he has every qualification in the book. He is also a nice guy and great instructor. I took my CCW class from him over 10 years ago and it was great. He teaches in St. Peters, which would be a 53 minute drive from Washington, but that is do-able for two days and its's worth it.

Paul Bastean | Ultimate Defense Firing Range & Training Center in St. Peters, Missouri
While I do not know Mr. Bastean, I took my CCW class from a retired police sergeant who also has a laundry list of qualifications, and was the firearms instructor for his department. I highly recommend taking the class from such a person as well. He was an excellent instructor.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I agree, wouldn't worry about driving a distance to take the class with a good instructor. Taking the class with well qualified instructor starts you off on the right foot

Reactions: Doghandler

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I will pass this on to my friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts